title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic Naming now "limited"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLANE
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2011

Dynamic Naming now "limited"?

It appears that with R16 it is no longer possible to create or modify dynamic name formula unless the standard [title] tag is used.

I formerly used a formula that had a custom tag that I used in the string instead of [title]. I called it [TrackFilename]

I installed R16 on a new Windows 10 PC, created all of the custom tags I previously used, but CD Ripper will not let me save the change the [TrackFilename] tag to [title].

The entire formula:

[composer]\[genre]\[tag]SubGenre[]\[tag]Composition[]\[tag]AlbumFolderName[]\[tag]CompositionPart[]\FLAC\[tag]TrackFilename[]

This is unfortunate, because I want to use a different naming convention for the track names than I used for the title.

I also went back to the older PC, which was originally R15 but was in-place upgraded to R16 a few months ago.

The formula above is what is in place on that installation, and it works exactly as desired.
    But if I open the dialogue try to save it without any changes I get that same prompt telling me I cannot.

Is there a way to override this behavior?
  • RLANE
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2011

Re: Dynamic Naming now "limited"?

Originally posted by RLANE
    It appears that with R16 it is no longer possible to create or modify dynamic name formula unless the standard [title] tag is used.

I formerly used a formula that had a custom tag that I used in the string instead of [title]. I called it [TrackFilename]

I installed R16 on a new Windows 10 PC, created all of the custom tags I previously used, but CD Ripper will not let me save the change the [TrackFilename] tag to [title].

The entire formula:

[composer]\[genre]\[tag]SubGenre[]\[tag]Composition[]\[tag]AlbumFolderName[]\[tag]CompositionPart[]\FLAC\[tag]TrackFilename[]

This is unfortunate, because I want to use a different naming convention for the track names than I used for the title.

I also went back to the older PC, which was originally R15 but was in-place upgraded to R16 a few months ago.

The formula above is what is in place on that installation, and it works exactly as desired.
    But if I open the dialogue try to save it without any changes I get that same prompt telling me I cannot.

Is there a way to override this behavior?
    I meant to say:

but CD Ripper will not let me save the formula unless I change the [TrackFilename] tag to [title].

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You can manually edit it in the registry,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\d MCCodec\FLAC

if using flac
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RLANE
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
        You can manually edit it in the registry,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\d MCCodec\FLAC

if using flac
        I don't see dMCCodec (or dMC-Codec) key or folder.

Do I add it?
        And Can I add one for MP3 also?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No, it should exist already. For CD Ripper this is the right location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\C DRipper\Profiles\(default)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>