title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can PerfectTunes automatically *reduce* album art size?

Can PerfectTunes automatically *reduce* album art size?

Hi, some of my album art is old and quite small, but I don't see that as too much of a problem. What I need to fix and what I thought PerfectTunes could do was *reduce* some of my album art.

The media system in my car is limited in some places to only display album art of up to 600x600 pixels. Most of mine are smaller than that, but it's annoying to get the occasional album which is bigger and doesn't display.

I've set my Maximum to be 600x600 and PerfectTunes detects all the albums which have larger art, but it doesn't seem able or willing to automatically fix them. I can use the Fix button to go through one by one and hope if finds an alternate art on the internet, but I can't automatically fix them all and the 'Resize Art To' button doesn't seem to do anything if you need the art to be smaller rather than larger.

Can PerfectTunes automatically resize art down to the configured maximum size? If not, do you plan to add that at all?

Administrator

Re: Can PerfectTunes automatically *reduce* album art size?

It cannot, however dBpoweramp can if you use the utility codec 'id tag update' and convert the files to this virtual codec with batch converter.

Make sure you have a backup of the files at full resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It cannot, however dBpoweramp can if you use the utility codec 'id tag update' and convert the files to this virtual codec with batch converter.

Make sure you have a backup of the files at full resolution.
    Is there any chance that you will add the feature? If the application can automatically resize them larger, then why not smaller too? At the moment it's not actually a lot of use to me.

dBpoweramp Guru

PerfectTunes does not resize them larger, but it will look for a higher resolution on the web.

Dat Ei

So the menu option you get next to each album which says "Resize art to" and offers a list of sizes doesn't actually resize the image? You can see why I might've thought that it did.

Ok, thanks for the responses anyway. It was my mistake, I thought it could do far more than it actually can. I'm not going to rely on it to auto-fix my art either, as when I use the Fix button to get a list of options, very few of them are actually the album art. It may be because I need it capped at 600x600 and so many are larger now.

Oh well, at least it has identified all the ones which I need to fix for myself.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Microhurst; 12-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Microhurst View Post
    So the menu option you get next to each album which says "Resize art to" and offers a list of sizes doesn't actually resize the image? You can see why I might've thought that it did.

Ok, thanks for the responses anyway. It was my mistake, I thought it could do far more than it actually can. I'm not going to rely on it to auto-fix my art either, as when I use the Fix button to get a list of options, very few of them are actually the album art. It may be because I need it capped at 600x600 and so many are larger now.

Oh well, at least it has identified all the ones which I need to fix for myself.

Thanks.
    So perhaps not what you are asking for precisely but in my experience if you configured PerfectTUNES Album Art to set your maximum art pixel size it is honored when selecting new art work. I have mine set to 1000x1000 and if I choose a new one during search of greater dimensions it is resized as it is saved to the files.

settings.png