title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Size of Ripper download + time to rip CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • welshaudioman
    • Dec 2016

Size of Ripper download + time to rip CD

Hi, New to the site and to the world of ripping/streaming audio so apologies for numpty questions....

First off = live in mid Wales with just about 1 meg of broadband on a good day and worried that I will not be able to download the prog if it is large -anyone know the size of the down load??

Second hopefully simple question - Using a Win 10 laptop with an i5 processor and 8 mb RAM and SSD hard drive, approximately how long will it take to rip a CD to lossless WAV?

Thanks
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Size of Ripper download + time to rip CD

Hey welshaudioman,

version R16.1 has a filesize of about 32MB. The time it takes to rip a CD depends on several things like your CD drive, the length of the CD, if it's in the accurate rip database, if the surface is clean and without scratches. Usually it is just a question of a few minutes.

Dat Ei

Comment

• welshaudioman
      • Dec 2016

Re: Size of Ripper download + time to rip CD

Dat Ei,

Thanks for rapid response. I will risk the down load as the broadband should cope with 32MBs. Understand the caveats re download time and a matter of minutes I can be happy with. Asked as my old Win XP laptop and a MS ripper I had previously tried took an age to rip a single track and the thought of ripping aver 100 CDs at such a snails pace might have driven me to send my CDs off to ripcaster rather than do them myself.

Comment

Working...

]]>