title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not such a newbie - but some pretty basic questions...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donmacn
    • Feb 2014

Not such a newbie - but some pretty basic questions...

Hi,
    I've been using the dbPA CD ripper for quite a while. I guess it must have been a free version at some stage. It's worked well, so happy now to have paid for an upgrade. But I do have two questions. One is so basic I'm afraid to ask - where do I find out which version I have? I know it's 16.1 because I just installed it, but how do I find this afterwards?? I've clicked every button, and can't find it, even right-clicking the desktop icon and going to 'properties' doesn't show this. I assume it's there somewhere - but I'm embarrassed to say I can't see it...

Secondly - tags for compilation albums with various artists. I've searched for this, but while I can find loads of stuff about naming conventions and file paths and editing meta tags or whatever, I can't find the answer to a basic question about how I enter data for these albums.

So - at this stage, I'm ripping CDs which I've created from vinyl LPs. This means they don't always come up with any tag suggestions from the web -especially more obscure stuff. So, having ticked the box for 'compilation' I then need to add the track data. I was putting artist / song title but that didn't work. I got a workaround by going to the 'review metadata' screen, and editing the details there, but there must be a way of doing this?

Really grateful for any help.

Ta.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Not such a newbie - but some pretty basic questions...

You run dBpoweramp Control Centre (icon on desktop) this tells the version.

You can edit tracks directly in CD Ripper, select a track and press F2 to begin editing, then use the arrow keys to move to the next field, up or down, artist can be edited also.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• donmacn
      • Feb 2014

Re: Not such a newbie - but some pretty basic questions...

Originally posted by Spoon
      You run dBpoweramp Control Centre (icon on desktop) this tells the version.

You can edit tracks directly in CD Ripper, select a track and press F2 to begin editing, then use the arrow keys to move to the next field, up or down, artist can be edited also.
      Hi there,

Thanks for the reply - because I was previously using a 'free' version, and am only using CDRipper, I hadn't fully understood that the Control Panel was there.

Same applies to the use of the arrow keys - this is quite different from the earlier, free version I had, so I hadn't noticed that the 'artist' field was highlighted and 'editable'.

Ta

D

Comment

Working...

]]>