title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

C2 Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • razchaz50
    • Dec 2016

C2 Support

I can't get the "Detect C2 Support" test to run correctly with either of my drives. I have an Asus DRW-24B1ST and a PLextor PX-891SAF. The test runs fine in EAC and EAC will also rip fine with C2 error pointers turned on. If I turn on C2 error pointers in DBPoweramp it will not rip and the cd drive speed stays at 0.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: C2 Support

Try right clicking on CD Ripper (or dBpoweramp Control Centre) >> Run as Administrator.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• razchaz50
      • Dec 2016

I ran as administrator and uninstalled and reinstalled and I am still having the same issue.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Could it be these drives are not c2 compatible and eac is self detecting this and switching it off?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• razchaz50
          • Dec 2016

When I run the C2 error detection test on EAC it reports C2 error information found and it does not turn it off. I am kind of surprised there is no data base with a list of drives that are C2 error detection capable.

On the flip side, DBPoweramp rips the cd's about 5 times faster then EAC even with C2 error detection turned off. My main concern is that if the software has a glitch that stops it from running the C2 test then it brings into question how reliable the software is in detecting errors even with C2 turned off. Am I really getting a secure rip?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If AccurateRip is verifying then it is 100% a secure rip.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>