title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I actually switch music converter on?

How do I actually switch music converter on?

Say I have a hard disc in one computer with lots of music in various formats, and want to take lossless tracks and place them on a hard disc in another computer converting to AIFF - how would I start? I have a paid for version of the software, and I have been transferring/converting such files successfully for the last couple of days, but now the software has switched itself off and I haven't a clue how to switch it back on again.

Are there any instructions anywhere that will help me to do that (whilst refraining from being patronising)?

Administrator

Re: How do I actually switch music converter on?

Please describe 'switched itself off' what happens when you try to convert?

When I click on the converter symbol I get a finder page with a stripe across the top of it saying dBpweramo Music Converter.

There's no way that I can see of using that page to do anything useful at all.

What is supposed to happen when I click the symbol?

I'm trying to rationalise a collection on various different hard discs.

When I was using your system before (just a couple of days ago) I had on the screen what looked like a dBpoweramp page that had a list of all my album and song files on the source disc; so I was able to examine each file in turn to discern what was there, and choose whether to ignore, convert (in my case usually from FLAC to AIFF) or copy to the new master disc I'm creating.

I had two finder pages open, too, so with each song/artist/album I was able to check whether I already had it on my disc. It was a good system, working well. And I was able to leave the computer overnight and go back to the task the following day.

Then something happened, I don't know what, and the dBpoweramp page disappeared and I can't get it back.

Administrator

Try uninstalling dBpoweramp (open finder, click on the applications link and drag dBpoweramp icon to the trash). Then reinstall.