title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album cover art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erho
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2016

Re: Album cover art

So as I understand you correctly that Linn have to fix this? If you are in contact with them please could you tell me if they will fix it?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Linn have to fix, they have not indicated if they will do so yet.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• erho
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2016

Thanks.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

New Asset beta has an option to suppress server-side image resizing -
          Current version: beta 9 (Linux), beta 8 (Mac) Beta 7 for Mac introduces redesigned user interface. More details and discussion here. (https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?38900-Asset-R5-0-1-Redesigned-Mac-user-interface) Mac OS:http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R501b8.dmg Linux x86 32-bit: http://www.dbpoweramp

This will be suboptimal as Asset will always transmit fullsize images but should mitigate this specific problem - images displayed by Linn apps should now be sharp.

Comment

• erho
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Aug 2016

Thanks have tried it, but in all albums view for example the covers are still wrong.
            Last edited by erho; 12-19-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You have disabled the resizing option in the beta?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• erho
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Aug 2016

Yes, I really do not understand it, with Twonky, Minim and Kazoo Server all is ok.

Comment

• erho
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2016

Hello spoon,

any news about the problem, is it solved?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

It is linn who have to fix their control point, we wait for them to do so, Asset is working 100% correctly, the Linn control point is asking asset for low res art which is wrong.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• erho
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
                      It is linn who have to fix their control point, we wait for them to do so, Asset is working 100% correctly, the Linn control point is asking asset for low res art which is wrong.
                      They released a new Kazoo but haven't fixed it. Spoon do you know an other controlpoint for Mac OSX, Plugplayer is shit.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I do not. You can try the older Kinsky
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ac16161
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Mar 2012

I helped out with testing of 5.1 due to low-res artwork via Linn control points when using Asset, but not with Minimserver. There is discussion in the Synology thread on this forum, but I am copying a post from Peter on the development team in case you have not seen it. It is important that you disable the *new* option for disabling server-side art scaling. It is confusing as there are now two options, but the feedback below explains how it all works. This completely fixed the problem for me. Note that the low-res art issue even happens with Linn's own Kazoo server, so Linn's control points mess this up even with their own server
                          --------

New beta posted. A bug causing album art resizing to fail has been fixed.

A bit of clarification-
                          Asset supports two kinds of album art resizing.
                          It presents all album artwork URLs with ?size=0 suffix, that way compatible clients (Linn) know that they can request specific size; if the client changes the suffix to ?size=N, Asset will attempt to serve the picture downscaled to NxN (but not if the picture is already not larger than NxN).
                          Additionally, you can configure Asset to serve album art at specific size unless asked otherwise by the client.

The new option disables both kinds of album art resizing entirely and will cause Asset to serve full size images only - and also stop giving the ?size=0 suffix so the client knows not to ask for resized pictures.
                          It makes sense if:
                          - Your server has a very slow CPU (older Raspberry Pi models, QNAP TS-109 and such)
                          - Your client does something undesirable (Linn)
                          - Troubleshooting other bugs (ac16161's case, now hopefully fixed).

Comment

• erho
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by ac16161
                            I helped out with testing of 5.1 due to low-res artwork via Linn control points when using Asset, but not with Minimserver. There is discussion in the Synology thread on this forum, but I am copying a post from Peter on the development team in case you have not seen it. It is important that you disable the *new* option for disabling server-side art scaling. It is confusing as there are now two options, but the feedback below explains how it all works. This completely fixed the problem for me. Note that the low-res art issue even happens with Linn's own Kazoo server, so Linn's control points mess this up even with their own server
                            --------

New beta posted. A bug causing album art resizing to fail has been fixed.

A bit of clarification-
                            Asset supports two kinds of album art resizing.
                            It presents all album artwork URLs with ?size=0 suffix, that way compatible clients (Linn) know that they can request specific size; if the client changes the suffix to ?size=N, Asset will attempt to serve the picture downscaled to NxN (but not if the picture is already not larger than NxN).
                            Additionally, you can configure Asset to serve album art at specific size unless asked otherwise by the client.

The new option disables both kinds of album art resizing entirely and will cause Asset to serve full size images only - and also stop giving the ?size=0 suffix so the client knows not to ask for resized pictures.
                            It makes sense if:
                            - Your server has a very slow CPU (older Raspberry Pi models, QNAP TS-109 and such)
                            - Your client does something undesirable (Linn)
                            - Troubleshooting other bugs (ac16161's case, now hopefully fixed).
                            Yes, have now tried Asset 5.0.1b9 on my QNAP TS-251+ and with disabling server-side art scaling it works!!!!!

So Spoon how can I change the beta to a normal version as I already bought Asset?

Comment

• erho
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Aug 2016

Spoon, as far as I know Version 5.1 do not have the option "disabling server-size art scaling" or I am wrong about that?

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

No it does not.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>