title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing artwork in playlists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zigzag
    • Nov 2016

Missing artwork in playlists

I'm new to Asset UPnP, but a long time user of Minimserver. Minimserver displays embedded artwork for tracks in a playlist but I can't get Asset UPnP to do this. Indeed, if using Asset UPnP, from my Linn Kazoo control point I select "track info" for a track in a playlist it only displays the url reference for the appropriate MP3, flac etc - i.e. the track's name and folder location. Whereas if I was to repeat this using minimserver, the location of the displayed artwork is specified as well as other details derived from the track's tag - and I suspect it's this info that enables Minimserver to be able to display the track artwork. Please, can anyone advise if Asset UPnP can display artwork for playlists and if so how this can be achieved - thanks. I'm incidentally using the Synology version of the server.
    Last edited by Zigzag; 11-28-2016, 03:43 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing artwork in playlists

The tracks in the playlist must be in a folder which is also scanned by asset and it should add the art.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Zigzag
      • Nov 2016

- thanks for coming back to me Spoon. All the tracks that are included in the playlist are contained in folders that are scanned by asset, though the playlists, the m3u files, aren't. Having said that, I've configured asset by specifying the folders containing my playlists as 'Watched playlist folders'. I'm happy to include them in 'Watched media folders' as well if that what's needed to resolve this issue
      Last edited by Zigzag; 11-28-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which version of asset do you have?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Brigitte
          • Mar 2013

I'd like to chime in, having experienced the same issue. I'm using the latest registered version for Raspberry. The music files and playlists are on a Synology NAS (with the playlist folder being a subfolder of my music folder) and are both scanned by Asset. My renderer is a Pioneer N50A, which displays art work perfectly in "non playlist" mode.

Comment

Working...

]]>