title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Albums & Artists Not Appearing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • millan
    • Jul 2014

Albums & Artists Not Appearing

Hello. I have been a long-time registered user of Asset, and have never had a problem with it until now. My track archive was stored on a RAID drive that ended up having to be reformatted. Fortunately, I had all the tracks saved on an online backup solution. After I downloaded all of the tracks to the reformatted drive, I did a fresh Asset scan. Asset reads all the tracks, but now seems only to read the track title, but no Artist or Album info.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 5.2, going down to 5.1, even uninstalling and manually deleting any references to Asset in the registry with no luck.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Is there a solution? Please help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Albums & Artists Not Appearing

Have you checked the files have ID tags?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• millan
      • Jul 2014

Yes, I have. All the files are good. I actually downloaded and installed Plex to verify that the files are in good condition, and it reads and displays all the track information correctly. I'd still prefer to continue using Asset, though.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

If your files have artist and album tags, then Asset UPnP 5.2 will read them. How do you know Asset is not reading these tags?

Comment

• millan
          • Jul 2014

When I run the the Asset Configuration app, It says "x tracks, 0 Albums". I also can tell that the tracks are being read because when I access them through 8player (on my iphone), I can see all the tracks in alphabetical title order under title, but the Artist and Album views have no tracks.

I know that the tracks all contain their track tags because both iTunes the Plex server allow me to access and play all tracks in the exact same library.
          Last edited by millan; 11-23-2016, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by millan
            When I run the the Asset Configuration app, It says "x tracks, 0 Albums". I also can tell that the tracks are being read because when I access them through 8player (on my iphone), I can see all the tracks in alphabetical title order under title, but the Artist and Album views have no tracks.
            You need to check the state of the album tags, using tag editing software.

Please can you specify your system in more detail e.g. Platforms, where Asset is installed, where the RAID drive exists etc.?

Comment

• millan
              • Jul 2014

I've done spot checks with Mp3Tag, and the track tags are all fine.

I have Asset installed on Windows 10, and my music library is stored on an external dual raid drive. Asset is on Drive C, the raid drive is drive F. Asset is configured to run as a service.

This exact configuration had always worked fine until fairly recently.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

I've done spot checks with Mp3Tag, and the track tags are all fine.

I have Asset installed on Windows 10, and my music library is stored on an external dual raid drive. Asset is on Drive C, the raid drive is drive F. Asset is configured to run as a service.

This exact configuration had always worked fine until fairly recently.
                I have Asset 5.2 running on Windows 10 and album count is correct. The only difference is, my files are on a local hard drive and I am running Asset as local account and not as a service.

I would guess that something is not configured correctly on your system, but I'm just not sure from the info provided, what is wrong.

Comment

• millan
                  • Jul 2014

I thought the same thing, but there has been no change to the configuration. Like I said, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled with all the defaults (except for running as a service). I still get a correct end up getting a correct track count, but no album or artist info.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

As a test take 1 album and copy to a local hdd, then add just this folder to asset to scan, does it read the tags?

What filetype is your audio?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• millan
                      • Jul 2014

I tried your suggestion, and copied one album to a different drive. I changed the Asset's audio library to point only to that folder. I still see an accurate track count, but no album info.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Asset.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	293241

Almost all my tracks are 320kbps mp3, but a few are m4as.

Comment

• mville
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Dec 2008

I tried your suggestion, and copied one album to a different drive. I changed the Asset's audio library to point only to that folder. I still see an accurate track count, but no album info.

Almost all my tracks are 320kbps mp3, but a few are m4as.
                        Please can you open the folder in MP3Tag, select all 20 tracks and open the extended tags windows (Alt+T)? Then, take a screenshot and post it here?

Comment

• millan
                          • Jul 2014

Attached are screenshots from both windows explorer and mp3tags of the test files.

Name:	Asset 2.PNG
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	293242 Click image for larger version

Name:	Asset 3.PNG
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	293243

Here is a screenshot of the extended tags view of the first file in mp3tags.

Name:	Asset 4.PNG
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	293244
                          Last edited by millan; 11-24-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Try uninstalling Asset, reboot server and reinstall.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• millan
                              • Jul 2014

It tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling (again). Still have the same issue.

Comment

Working...

]]>