title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help: Converting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help: Converting

I'm trying to convert a .m4A file to flac so that it can play on my Sansa Clip+ (plus). I'm currently using R13.5 (so I do not have the latest version 16).

When I try to convert it directly from Apple lossless (.m4a) to flac, the file will not play on my Sansa Clip+. It just skips it. However, when I convert the file to WAV, under "uncompressed" settings with a 16 bit rate (cd quality) it'll play just fine as WAV file with a crazy loud 5 second static at the end of the song.

When I try to convert this crazy WAV file to FLAC, it'll also play on my Sansa Clip+, but it takes about 10 seconds to start playing. What gives? How do you fix this problem? Perhaps with some DSP effects, or something?

Please help.

I've attached a picture of the ORIGINAL file/s info I'm trying to convert (from WAV to FLAC) in order to show what I'm working with.

P.S. I understand my media player can only play 16 bit rates, so I always make sure to convert to 16 bit rates.
    Attached Images Attached Images