title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unwanted blank space in batch convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicMan 2
    • Nov 2016

Unwanted blank space in batch convert

Hello my first post looking for help

Using Batch converter to process files i have found converted files with unwanted blank space

They were converted from flac to the highest/best version of mp3

The speed of conversion was an amazing 270 speed but not so good if the files have errors no errors were reported while the program was running

I have tried searching for blank space but didn't come up with a solution
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unwanted blank space in batch convert

by blank space you mean when playing the sound goes silent?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MusicMan 2
      • Nov 2016

Hi thanks spoon, by blank space there is a gap in the audio i can see it in the waveform when playing

I also checked the flac version there was no problem there, ripped with db btw

I processed 2800 files played eight at random and two had the problem so quite a high proportion

I have re encoded with slightly better error checking enabled i will be play some today to see if there any more errors and post back.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Flac files have an inbuilt CRC, so if you convert any flac file >> Test Conversion if the file differs 1 byte from the source CD it will notify you.

The mp3 files you are creating, try on one of them right click >> convert to >> wave

then look at the wave file (dBpoweramp would have read the mp3 file), is there bits missing?

Also when encoding mp3, check the DSP section is empty, some of the effects could write silence to audio.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MusicMan 2
          • Nov 2016

Hi Spoon thanks for the reply

Things seem to be getting worse or i am getting better with the software

I have my folder full of flac files (2800) and there are no errors when i import into Serato DJ

Serato is best with mp3 so i converted to mp3 with the highest quality i had crc error checking enabled no DSP

Running convert i got 87 errors i tried re encoding the 87 and got 70 errors and so on getting fewer successes each time mainly crc errors file is corrupt

I also used my DAW software to convert some of the problem files (Wavelab 8) this stops on errors if it finds any but ran OK. I can't use wavelab because it doesn't preserve folder structure and tags

The convert is blazing fast, but is it too fast

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Converting Flac to 'Test conversion' showed any errors?

What mp3 bit rate did you choose?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>