title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spon
    • Nov 2016

can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

Sorry for the basic question, but thought I had read that PerfectTunes had discogs integrated, but I can't seem to find it in the UI.

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

It does not, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• staxSR007
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      It does not, sorry.
      What metadata databases does it have access to? This isn't mentioned in the product page.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

PerfectTUNES does not pull metadata from the Internet.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• staxSR007
          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          PerfectTUNES does not pull metadata from the Internet.
          Is there a chance of this being added in the future? Because I have nearly a thousand classical CDs I've already ripped using the inferior tagging in freeDB with EAC, and it would be easier to just use a tag editing program that has access to GD3 and MusicBrainz instead of ripping the discs all over again with CD Ripper.

Comment

• TheProfosist
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by staxSR007
            Is there a chance of this being added in the future? Because I have nearly a thousand classical CDs I've already ripped using the inferior tagging in freeDB with EAC, and it would be easier to just use a tag editing program that has access to GD3 and MusicBrainz instead of ripping the discs all over again with CD Ripper.
            I agree this feature would be nice as well. Was actually quite surprised that it worked with CD and not already ripped albums. May be more complex to do that search potentially though.

Comment

• TheProfosist
              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by TheProfosist
              I agree this feature would be nice as well. Was actually quite surprised that it worked with CD and not already ripped albums. May be more complex to do that search potentially though.
              I found that I had embed with DoP enabled and that isnt possible with DSD256 which was causing the IDtag issues.

Comment

• PacTrix
                • Oct 2020

Originally posted by TheProfosist
                Same for me.
                I have undocumented ripped CDs which I found in Discogs and getting an automated update (as when you rip) would be great

Comment

Working...

]]>