title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

Sorry for the basic question, but thought I had read that PerfectTunes had discogs integrated, but I can't seem to find it in the UI.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: can PerfectTunes pull tag info from discogs?

It does not, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It does not, sorry.
    What metadata databases does it have access to? This isn't mentioned in the product page.

Administrator

PerfectTUNES does not pull metadata from the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    PerfectTUNES does not pull metadata from the Internet.
    Is there a chance of this being added in the future? Because I have nearly a thousand classical CDs I've already ripped using the inferior tagging in freeDB with EAC, and it would be easier to just use a tag editing program that has access to GD3 and MusicBrainz instead of ripping the discs all over again with CD Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by staxSR007 View Post
    Is there a chance of this being added in the future? Because I have nearly a thousand classical CDs I've already ripped using the inferior tagging in freeDB with EAC, and it would be easier to just use a tag editing program that has access to GD3 and MusicBrainz instead of ripping the discs all over again with CD Ripper.
    I agree this feature would be nice as well. Was actually quite surprised that it worked with CD and not already ripped albums. May be more complex to do that search potentially though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
    I agree this feature would be nice as well. Was actually quite surprised that it worked with CD and not already ripped albums. May be more complex to do that search potentially though.
    I found that I had embed with DoP enabled and that isnt possible with DSD256 which was causing the IDtag issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfosist View Post
    Same for me.
    I have undocumented ripped CDs which I found in Discogs and getting an automated update (as when you rip) would be great