title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Update ?

Update ?

I'm running Asset UPnP release 4.3 Premium Registered on a Windows Home Server 2011. I just noticed there is a mutch newer version but I do not see an option to update my version.
    Do I have to purchase the newer one or is there an update option I have overseen? Can I install the newer version without blowing all my old settings?

Administrator

Re: Update ?

Your settings will be lost as many changes have been made between r4 and r5

You can uninstall R4, download the R5 trial and it will self register on your system.

Thanks for your answer.

Since the update to r5 means a new set up, I've deccided to relace my old home server too.
    I bought a QNAP NAS and I've just purchased an Asset release 5 for it.

Is there a way that I can list my settings from the old 4.3 version so that I have a sort of guideline for the new set-up.

Administrator

It is best to just have the advanced configuration page open and walk down the options (new and old).

Browse Tree R4.JPG
    In the past (2013) you and some other forum members helped me to set up the posibility to use a Library as a browse option. All my audioffiles have a custom tag indicating to what library they belong,
    In R4 it looked like the image attached.
    In the new one now on my QNAP I found the browse traa but I can't find how to add my Library option. do I oversee something?

Administrator

It is not possible to add custom values on the QNAP through the config page.

Hi,

Is there no way at all to add custom tags to Asset on my QNAP?

With help of this forum I've used these custom tags since 2013 in vs 4.3 and my entire music collection with a little over 12000 albums has tags like library and publisher.

Library was for me the primary selection and through advanced search I also could select music from specific publishers which helped me to simply access things like everything from Stockfish to Deutsche Grammophone.
    And now with the new version it all seem to be lost and everything ends up in one massive collection that is hardly explorable.

Is that due to the fact I moved to a NAS instead of a server or is it due to the new version of Asset?

Super Moderator

You can manually edit the browse tree file if you have SSH access to your NAS device.

First you must locate your Asset installation directory, typically under /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Asset or /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Asset. Then open bin/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3 subdirectory and edit AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt file to include tags that you need.

A future update will allow direct editing of this file via the web interface, for easier manipulation of nonstandard tags & backup.