title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPNP on two computers

Asset UPNP on two computers

My system is a NAS in my workshop with a small computer next to it continuously running with Asset UPNP, a Naim ND5xs streamer and a hudl (android table with Naim app) for control of the music.

My house and workshop are all on one network so to to make editing easier and warmer I also installed Asset on my computer in the study, it also had dBpoweramp and CD Ripper.

Then problems started, (excuse my discretion) the huld would take forever to find the streamer and then you would have to select the Asset you required, sometimes I would have to reboot the streamer.

I eventually decided the steamer was getting confused with two Asset's on the network, one of them (office computer) being turn on and off during the day.

Answer remove Asset from the study computer and stop the confusion, now works a treat, the hudl finds the streamer immediately, "great", the down side I have lost lost the ability to edit the tags etc without going out to the workshop!

Anyway I can separate out the functions so I can edit, rip and convert from my study.
    Last edited by godders; 11-23-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPNP on two computers

To edit tags you would have dBpoweramp, however this does not have a UPnP server and would not appear on any devices. Asset does not enable any tag editing.

Re: Asset UPNP on two computers

Hi Spoon

It has just accrued to me that after removing Asset from my study computer it may have affected dBpoweramp in some way. So I completely removed all traces of "illustrate" products and reinstalled dBpoweramp, every thing works as it should, magic!!!