title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper taking ages to read disc and load track listing and cover art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Allen
    • Nov 2016

CD Ripper taking ages to read disc and load track listing and cover art

It was very fast until yesterday when it slowed right down. It now takes a few minutes to bring up a track listing which is slowing down burning discs. Windows Media player runs at the same time (is that normal) and WM is also crashing occasionally . Other times the track listing appears in WM before dbpoweramp. Something is delaying the loading of the disc
    Last edited by Richard Allen; 11-11-2016, 01:38 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper taking ages to read disc and load track listing and cover art

You have tried a reboot?

I would not run WMP at the same time as ripping.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Richard Allen
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have tried a reboot?

I would not run WMP at the same time as ripping.
      Yes tried that. WMP automatically opens when I open dbpoweramp. Not sure how to stop this. In any event it was OK previously with WMP open. This problem has only appeared since that huge Windows Update the other day. Essentially the problem is that you put a disc in and it just says <reading disc> and either eventually does read the disc or just crashes.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

When you insert an audio cd it should appear instantly, if it does not and you look in Windows File Explorer and it shows no audio cd for the cd drive (if you click on it), then something fundamentally is wrong on the system. If you have security software, uninstall it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Richard Allen
          • Nov 2016

In task manager whilst it is hanging it reads "not responding"

Comment

• Richard Allen
            • Nov 2016

Its just an ordinary PC with Norton. Nothing unusual... You want me to uninstall all of Norton ? Seems a bit drastic. Surely only certain bits of Norton might interfere with it

Comment

• Richard Allen
              • Nov 2016

OK it appears in Windows explorer ..not immediately..its just damn slow . Something is causing it to hesitate

Comment

• Richard Allen
                • Nov 2016

OK...Found it I think. Some idiot at Microsoft decided to add a feature that asks what I want the CD drive to do every time I put a CD in it...so I have to click a setting telling it what to do .. Because I hadn't told it but had told dbpoweramp what I wanted to do the CD drive was having an existential crisis..... " How to you turn off a PC...go to start"

Comment

• Richard Allen
                  • Nov 2016

QUESTION : Where you set the various data bases to interrogate re track listings from presumably the more you have chosen the slower it is ? I'm guessing its faster if I just choose one ?

Comment

• Richard Allen
                    • Nov 2016

OK the CD Text and ISRC data options were both checked. I unchecked them and now its instant.

Comment

Working...

]]>