title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How Do I Rip A CD That Is Not In AccurateRip?

How Do I Rip A CD That Is Not In AccurateRip?

Hi All,
    I just purchased volumes 1 and 2 of the soundtrack to "Stranger Things" and I would like to rip them to my music server. However, they are not in AccurateRip. Some metadata is available through MusicBrainz and freedb. I've never run into this situation before in all the years I've been ripping CDs. It's great software, by the way. Please advise.

Administrator

Re: How Do I Rip A CD That Is Not In AccurateRip?

You can rip and rely on the indication the CD drive gives as to whether it is secure or not.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How Do I Rip A CD That Is Not In AccurateRip?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolie View Post
    Hi All,
    I just purchased volumes 1 and 2 of the soundtrack to "Stranger Things" and I would like to rip them to my music server. However, they are not in AccurateRip. Some metadata is available through MusicBrainz and freedb. I've never run into this situation before in all the years I've been ripping CDs. It's great software, by the way. Please advise.
    you're lucky then, as at least 5% of the CDs I rip are not in AccurateRip. But as Spoon says, in those cases you can rely on the SECURE results that dbpa produces from multiple passes in ripping. Not as guaranteed as AR match, but the best one can do.