title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi Encoder file locations.

Multi Encoder file locations.

I have ripped a couple of CD's to two locations: G:\Music and C:\...\...\Flac Music. I am using the naming "Album Artist\Album Title\05 Title - Artist". This works fine. But I am having trouble setting the location in the multi encoder. I can successfully add two FLAC encoders but can't seem to see how/where to add the two different paths in the multi encoder settings. I see the drop down box but can't seem to edit or add anything there. How do I set the different paths for each encoder and where do I put the above naming info. It is easy to see how to do it in the single encoder box, but not in the multi encoder box. What am I missing? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi Encoder file locations.

You have to configure the path within each encoder's settings seperately, not in the main window.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You have to configure the path within each encoder's settings seperately, not in the main window.
    I sort of understand that but why is it so different from the lower left window that you use to configure the single encoder? In that my path to my hard drive is G:\Music. When I choose the same path in the multi encoder the closest I can come is: G:\Music\Source Filename. Why does it tag on that "Source Filename" and what does that mean?

Also, in the single encoder window I have the naming as: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [title] - [artist] But once I choose Multi, the single window becomes greyed out and there is no similar spot to put in the naming for each of the 2 FLACs in the Multi Encoder.

Basically all I want is to duplicate what I have in the single encoder for each of the two FLACs in the Multi Encoder. Only difference is that the two FLACs in the Multi will have different paths to save the files. But I can not at all see how to do that.

OK - I finally got this figured out. Like it often is, it seemed almost impossible to figure out, but once I did, I wondered why it took so long. On other question:

The default replay gain is set to "Track". I may be confused, but would it be better for me ripping a whole CD collection, but eventually playing back both entire albums and also playlists, to set the replay gain to "Track & Album Gain"?

Administrator

Yes you can, the player can often has the option which to use.

Can you post your solution please. I am in the same situation where I can't get the multi-encoder to put the rips in the same folders as the single ripper.

Administrator

You are able to copy and paste the naming string from CD Ripper into multi-encoder.

The naming is not the issue I am having. It is the folder location. When I use the single decoder, it will create a folder with the artist name, then a subfolder with the album title, and then the songs inside. When using the multi, it is not creating the folders with the artist name or the album title. It is just dropping the songs in the master folder. I had it at one point creating folders inside of other folders, but never the behaves the way the single decoder behaves. Thanks for your help.

dBpoweramp Guru

The creation of the folder structure is part of the naming string. Try to copy the naming string.

Dat Ei