title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Internet Database with cd riper 16.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grboutin
    • Nov 2016

Internet Database with cd riper 16.1

Hi,
    I just bought the 16.1 cd riper for windows and was a bit disappointed not to find any more the "all media guide" internet database which was, from my point of view, a very good database for new CD . Did I miss something ? Thank you very much for your answer. Regards Grboutin
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Internet Database with cd riper 16.1

The AMG metadata service is being phased out and will be switched off around July 2016. It is in our plans to replace AMG with alternative metadata (discogs is the likely replacement). dBpoweramp R16 will release around July 2016, it will include an alternative database. Batch Ripper after July 2016 will only access: GD3,

Dat Ei

Comment

• grboutin
      • Nov 2016

Thank you very much for your answer, even I do not understand why they have discontinued after using it for 10 years...

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

It is not Illustrate or CD Ripper who has stopped working with AMG. AMG has withdrawn.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Thg6276
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2008

And the problem with MusicBrainz is still the same ...
          Sometime, impossible to have the database if MusicBrainz is ticked (problem with their server I suppose)
          If you search database without this provider, you have your tags immediately ...

Comment

• schmidj
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2013

Yes, I suppose this belongs in the wish list but a timeout, with an appropriate on-screen message, on a non-responsive metadata database (of which MusicBrainz is the worst offender by far) would be a nice thing.

Comment

• grboutin
              • Nov 2016

Thank you Dat

Comment

Working...

]]>