title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tags Capital letters

Thumbs down Tags Capital letters

As in my print screen nearly always the tags have capital letters on nearly all words...

Very annoying to change them maually on each line...

1) Is there a setting in the software to modify this automatically ? I prefer even all in small letters by default and i set first word with a capital letter as first (or other words as Cities or Name that need a capital letter).

2) When i lmodify manually can i upload that tags so that next user find tags with only first letter of the sentence in capital letter?

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tags Capital letters

Hi Laurent,

after tagging the tracks and before ripping the cd you should go into the dsp section and add: "id tag procession". There you can choose "all lowercase" under "capitalization". At least this is available in the reference version of the software.

frankbln

Hello,

I found it... thank you very much frankbln... cool to help.

As to see in my printscreen probeem capitalizee letters.JPG i see all options except the one i want (;o( ... only first letter of the sentence in Capital letter (as logical when we write... no ?). Except for the few words requesting capital letters as Cities, Names but i can do it manually at second ripping... that's no problem...

When i think about it it would be impossible because for artist the firstname would have a capital letter and the lastname name too... then for the artist each word has capital letter as first but for title only first has capital letter....

Maybe i could only appy the first letter of the sentence in capital only for the title... not applying for artist...

I don't see a way at my side to set it... if there is a way i'd love to know it... maybe in section "rule based manipulation" i could write something that add only the first letter of the sentence in capital letter but therfore i would need help to create it.

Otherwise i'd put that in whishlist section of the forum.

I know i'm not an easy guy...

Thank you.

I love this software but i searched other software top do what i want post-rip (capital letter only on first letter of the sentence of the song title).

I found in "tag scanner" software they have the option "Only firtst letter of the sentence" in Capital... so visibly it's possile to add this function...

Could it maybe be added inb whish list ?

I'll post to ask to add a new button on the ""Smart Capitalize Tags"" window with "Smart capitalize tag" (only fist letter of sentence is in capital letter).

Hope it will be added as soon as possible (before i finish ripping my cd's).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ive always been aware of this (its not really bothered me too much..but will use the DSP SETTING from now on.)For the cds already ripped is it possible to alter in MP3TAG...?? ... THE tag scanner software, looks O.K... but unsure how to Import then export info..On top of that have not got the time to learn yet another bit of software!