title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES Errors trying to update tags and artwork

PerfectTUNES Errors trying to update tags and artwork

I have a Windows 10, 64 bit computer. I have a few albums (tracks) that I cannot change the album art on or update the Album Artist tag without the app shutting down. The files are FLAC encoded and all access rights are fully enabled. It seems that the tracks I cannot update the album art are also the ones that have an Album Artist.

The error is: IDTagger has stopped working.

Requires you to close the program.
    Last edited by aesculus; 11-01-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES Errors trying to update tags and artwork

You can isolate it to a single file which causes the issue? perhaps track 1 of an album, if so then upload the file to dropbox and send me a link please.

There have been reported cases where tracks purchased from certain online retailers, the flac files are not as they should be.

All ripped years ago with DBPoweramp

PM sent with Dropbox link.

Administrator

The issue with the file you sent, internally it has 2 id tags, one following the other. Something has updated the ID Tags and written this incorrectly, I am thinking it is not dBpoweramp, as this issue of editing the tags later on would have shown with many people.

However the next update to perfecttunes and dBpoweramp will work correctly with these files, in the mean time I recommend you use dBpoweramp >> Batch Converter and select all your flacs (use the filter button to select just flacs) and convert to overwrite the existing, this will correct the issue with ID tags and you will not lose anything.

OK. The batch update fixed the tags and eliminates the errors.

Just a note: Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I had to manually set the temp path because I was getting the "No encoder specified" error.