title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Impossible to submit the results to AccurateRip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Impossible to submit the results to AccurateRip

Bonjour,

Impossible to send the results to the database AccurateRip

Submitting: 1088 Discs 14394 Tracks

Compressing Drive Offsets...Ok
    Compressing AccurateRip Results...Ok
    Compressing Disc TOCs File...Ok
    Compressing FingerPrint File...Ok
    Compressing Index...Ok
    Connecting to AccurateRip server...
    Requesting version information...
    Clearing socket
    Submitting results...
    Error connecting to accuaraterip, please check your settings.

I have desactived Avast and I have no Proxy and/or VPN.
    No issue
    Thanks for your help

Administrator

Re: Impossible to submit the results to AccurateRip

Do you have a firewall? or anti-phishing software?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Spoon,

No

Administrator

There is little to debug in the software, as it is one line to connect to Asset, it either works or does not, if it does not then either AccurateRip server is down (which it is not), or something is blocking the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is little to debug in the software, as it is one line to connect to Asset, it either works or does not, if it does not then either AccurateRip server is down (which it is not), or something is blocking the connection.
    I had the same issue 3 times already. I think it's connected to the amount of tracks that are being submitted. When I first installed CD-Ripper on a freshly set up PC and did not rip a lot in the first month (200 CDs or less) submitting worked perfectly. The next month (without having changed ANYTHING concerning antivir/firewall etc.) the same error that "Thg6276" encountered got displayed. Since I reinstall windows on my PC a lot (sometimes 3 times a year) I noticed that submitting only works for me if I had not ripped many CDs. I tried everything (turning down my entire antivir/firewall for submitting) with no effect whatsoever. That stupid error message cost AccurateRip the data of >10.000 CDs from me alone already but it obviously cannot be helped.

My guess would be a size limit on the side of AccurateRip concerning the submitted data. A time-out seems unlikely since I have ~20MBit/s upload.
    Shame that the results go to waste.

PS:
    I started an equally unsuccessful post on this topic 10 months ago.
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-does-not-work

Hi Spoon, same problem here, with firewall off. I noticed I have 132 discs / 1193 tracks to be submitted

Administrator

Which Windows version?

Win 10 Pro 64 bits Version 1607

Administrator

Something will be blocking it. Anti malware, anti phishing, etc.

Something will be blocking it. Anti malware, anti phishing, etc.
    Sorry, but it is definitely the submission size.

Compressing Drive Offset Log...Ok
    Compressing FingerPrint File...Ok
    Compressing Index...Ok
    Clearing socket
    Submitting results... [two minute pause]
    Error connecting to accuaraterip, please check your settings.

That is dBpoweramp, after a two minute pause, trying to submit 2096 discs and 23924 tracks, on a gigabit connection (verified 946 megabits upload speed). I downloaded EAC, ripped one CD and submitted it to AccurateRip using EAC's built-in "submit" tool. Results:

Compressing Drive Offset Log...Ok
    Compressing Index...Ok
    Clearing socket
    Submitting results...
    AccurateRip submission sucessful!

Finished Submission.

One CD was more or less instantaneous. Same PC, minutes apart.

Conclusion: AccureateRip.com has a problem with large submissions. This is not a network error, anti malware, or anything client side.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it is an Apache config setting on the accuraterip.com server. Apache lets you set a maximum upload size, and the default on a lot of installations is 2 megabytes. I'm not sure what file is being uploaded, but my FingerPrints.bin file in the AppData/AccurateRip folder is 14 MB. So my guess is that the web server software is interrupting the upload before the any of the site programming gets a chance to start processing it. When the client software doesn't get the expected response, it claims a network error.

Administrator

Ok you can try now, we have upped the limit imposed by the server.

Ok you can try now, we have upped the limit imposed by the server.
    So I went to do an upload, and the dialog now says "No results to submit". I'm hoping that is because the data went up automatically in the background. And if that is what happened, I'm guessing that you will get a whole bunch of really big submissions in the next few days. It would be nice if you confirm that. I'm not sure how easy it is to peek on the back end.

I ripped ten more CDs, watched the FingerPrints.bin file grow, went through the submit process, and watched the file disappear from the AppData folder. So that would seem to be the expected behavior: the FingerPrints.bin file grows, and is deleted after successful upload.

My situation probably mirrors several other heavy users. Within a couple of weeks buying the program I had ripped over 500 discs from my collection. By the time the first 30-day interval elapsed my FingerPrints.bin file was probably then too large to upload (because of the server restriction). From there it just kept growing for the next two years. And it would seem the program tried to upload it on every start, finally succeeding today. Hence my guess that you'll get a bunch of large files in the coming days as people like me finally get through. I wonder how large the biggest file out there is?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dh373 View Post
    I ripped ten more CDs, watched the FingerPrints.bin file grow, went through the submit process, and watched the file disappear from the AppData folder. So that would seem to be the expected behavior: the FingerPrints.bin file grows, and is deleted after successful upload.

My situation probably mirrors several other heavy users. Within a couple of weeks buying the program I had ripped over 500 discs from my collection. By the time the first 30-day interval elapsed my FingerPrints.bin file was probably then too large to upload (because of the server restriction). From there it just kept growing for the next two years. And it would seem the program tried to upload it on every start, finally succeeding today. Hence my guess that you'll get a bunch of large files in the coming days as people like me finally get through. I wonder how large the biggest file out there is?
    Think you have made a great diagnosis.

I was in the same position as you, the submission kept failing, just tried it and two odd years worth came back with submission successful and the count reset.

As you say, a lot of files could be entering the AccurateRip database, which is a fantastic result.