title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can someone help me understand the log? :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Curtis Day
    • Oct 2016

Can someone help me understand the log? :)

Hey all!

I'm super new to this site. I Just downloaded dBpoweramp to archive some of my rare promo CDs and such. I've looked through the threads and I think I've found the settings that best suit my needs for ripping. I'd like someone to explain the log to me a bit. One of the tracks had frames that re-ripped and I just want to know the definitive answer on what the outcome is. It looks like:

Track 1: Ripped LBA 81 to 26900 (5:57) in 8:12. Filename: /Users/curtisday/Desktop/Loon/Ain't no Gangsta-Up in a Maze/01 Loon - Ain't no Gangsta.wav
    Secure (Warning) [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 4, Re-Rip 4 Frames]
    CRC32: 286E3877 AccurateRip CRC: D0F538C2 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 002-00011eb9-0002f275-0c026902-1]
    Re-rip Frame: 10522 (00:02:19.213) matched 10 / 12
    Re-rip Frame: 10523 (00:02:19.226) matched 10 / 19
    Re-rip Frame: 12024 (00:02:39.240) matched 10 / 10
    Re-rip Frame: 13768 (00:03:02.493) matched 10 / 15

I know sonically this should sound flawless to me but from a technical standpoint is this showing that there was any data loss? I've ripped this track several times and each time different frames re rip (the last 2 always stay the time). If possible I'd like to rip this without the errors to appease my OCD :P however I know that it may not be possible as this is a 13 year old CDr. Any info or pointers would be great! Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can someone help me understand the log?

Did the other tracks verify against accuraterip? and if so what was the confidence?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Curtis Day
      • Oct 2016

Only 1 other track on the disc. The log was:

Track 2: Ripped LBA 26900 to 46420 (4:20) in 4:01. Filename: /Users/curtisday/Desktop/Loon/Ain't no Gangsta-Up in a Maze/02 Loon - Up in a Maze.wav
      Secure [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 3]
      CRC32: 1B813D3D AccurateRip CRC: D3679151 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 002-00011eb9-0002f275-0c026902-2]

--------------

2 Tracks Ripped: 1 Secure, 1 Secure (Warning)

Am I correct to think the less frames that are re-ripped, the better the rip was? And what does the 10/12 number mean?
      Last edited by Curtis Day; 10-31-2016, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no way to be certain if the rip has errors, ripping again on a different drive will go some way to easing any doubt though.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          There is no way to be certain if the rip has errors, ripping again on a different drive will go some way to easing any doubt though.
          the best outcome is an ACCURATERIP match (as your rip matches those of others using different CDs and different computers). Next best is SECURE (no frames needed reripping and at least "internally" the CRCs matched upon the different passes). Third is SECURE (Warning). Here some frames had to be reripped, but ultimately, there was consistency (thus only the Warning). After that you start getting ERROR, where the frame re-ripping never gets any consistent output.

Secure (warning) may be just as good an ultimate rip as Secure. But there's no way of being 100% sure. I have no problem with "Secure (warning)" myself. But if you're really OCD, the best thing to do is as Spoon suggests: get another drive and rerip the CD in the 2nd drive. then compare the track CRCs from the rip of each drive. They should be the same.

Comment

• Curtis Day
            • Oct 2016

An ACCURATERIP match isn't really an option as the first time I ripped it I got the notice that it wasn't in the database. It's not a retail disc and there was only probably 10 made. What does the 10/12 specifically mean? I'm using an external apple superdrive as I'm using a 5k iMac so internal drive isn't an option. I'm going to pick up a higher end drive tonight and give that a shot.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

10 / 12 means when it asked to rip the frame 12 times, 10 of the results matched, the other 2 were definite errors.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Curtis Day
                • Oct 2016

ok! After I let it detect the drive read cache it said it was only like 4kb I believe or 2 frames. Then I ripped again and there were only 2 frames re-ripped and they were completely different frames than before and the were 10/19 and 18. Is this a reflection of the detected drive cache?

Re-rip Frame: 10522 (00:02:19.213) matched 10 / 19
                Re-rip Frame: 10523 (00:02:19.226) matched 10 / 18

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Curtis Day
                  An ACCURATERIP match isn't really an option as the first time I ripped it I got the notice that it wasn't in the database. It's not a retail disc and there was only probably 10 made. What does the 10/12 specifically mean? I'm using an external apple superdrive as I'm using a 5k iMac so internal drive isn't an option. I'm going to pick up a higher end drive tonight and give that a shot.
                  don't worry about "a higher end drive". A really cheap drive can sometimes do a better rip on certain CDs than a more expensive drive. The key is that it is a DIFFERENT drive. I have 2 or 3 free drives I've salvaged from old desktops at work being thrown out.

Comment

• Curtis Day
                    • Oct 2016

These are my settings. Is there anything I can alter to rip "better"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 2.09.39 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	293227
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 2.08.54 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	293226

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

These are my settings. Is there anything I can alter to rip "better"?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1119[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]1118[/ATTACH]
                      Why have you not configured accuraterip yet? Is this the windows version? If so, you'll need to feed it some common CDs until it configures. Could work with one or might need 3 or 4 until it configures.

Comment

• Curtis Day
                        • Oct 2016

This is on a iMac. I don't have any common CDs. I only have a handful of CDs and none of them are retail discs.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

This is on a iMac. I don't have any common CDs. I only have a handful of CDs and none of them are retail discs.
                          I thought the Mac version automatically setup AccurateRip. But not sure. Someone with the Mac version will have to address this question.

Comment

• Curtis Day
                            • Oct 2016

Can anyone else drop some knowledge?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

On the mac it does not matter if accuraterip has the offset or not, all discs are checked against accuraterip using pressing offset finding.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>