title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Inaccurate Metadata: Otis Redding, Live at the Whisky A Go Go, Complete Recordings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Inaccurate Metadata: Otis Redding, Live at the Whisky A Go Go, Complete Recordings

For some reason, I can't get accurate metadata for this new six-CD set.

I had the Windows version of dBpoweramp (15.1 Reference, I think) with a subscription to the metadata service. For the first disc, it put "Disc One" where the track names belonged and truncated track names where the artist name belonged. And the rest of the metadata were wrong. Disc two also had incorrect metadata. Discs 3 through 6 had no metadata. I viewed the metadata for all the services that dbpoweramp supports, but only one of them (the free one) had any data at all (the inaccurate date).

I then bought a license for version 16 Reference and a license for PerfectTUNES and installed them on a different computer to rule out the possibility that the CD-ROM drive in the old computer was causing the problem. But I got the same results.

I then checked allmusic.com, which had the correct metadata for all six discs, albeit without many of the details (date, set number) found in the inaccurate results pulled by dBpoweramp: http://www.allmusic.com/album/live-a...s-mw0002974938

Is there a way to get accurate metadata?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Inaccurate Metadata: Otis Redding, Live at the Whisky A Go Go, Complete Recording

Did you choose the 'review metadata' icon on the title bar? and see if the other providers had it correct?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Inaccurate Metadata: Otis Redding, Live at the Whisky A Go Go, Complete Recording

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Did you choose the 'review metadata' icon on the title bar? and see if the other providers had it correct?
    Yes, but the other providers had no data at all. This release came from Rhino , not an obscure label.

Allmusicguide's Web site lists the tracks, but they did not make their way to dbpoweramp's lookup.

Also, the program gets no results for disc 1 of the new, 36-disc Bob Dylan 1966 live boxed set, though the AllMusic site lists them.

Just now, it correctly picked up data for Dylan disc 1, but Otis Redding is still not workings. And it gets no data for disc 2 of the Dylan set.
    Last edited by DigitalLA; 11-11-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Administrator

For missing discs you will have to manually enter the track titles.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If the track titles appear on AMG's Web site, why does dbpoweramp not pick them up?

Also, iTunes does retrieve the track data.
    Last edited by DigitalLA; 11-12-2016 at 08:44 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalLA View Post
    If the track titles appear on AMG's Web site, why does dbpoweramp not pick them up?

Also, iTunes does retrieve the track data.
    AMG Metadata discontinuation