title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Arrange Audio Error

Arrange Audio Error

Hello,

I am a fairly new user of this software. Have been ripping my CD collection for the last 2 months using the Carlton Bale file structure.

Recently decided to play with some of the digital audio that I have purchased online. Namely I wanted to use Arrange Audio to give it the same file structure as my ripped CD's. All is fine until I get an error converting the last track. This occurs with different albums. It occurs if the newly created file is in the same folder or a different folder. The error message is below. I'm using a Windows 10 computer. I have the latest reference version of dbpoweramp.

Error converting to [Arrange Audio], 'C:\Users\Russell\Desktop\FLAC Test 1\Somewhere Near Paterson\11-Calling The Moon [Richard Shindell].flac' to 'C:\Users\Russell\Desktop\FLAC Test 1\Somewhere Near Paterson\11-Calling The Moon [Richard Shindell].IGNORE'
    Error Moving File 'C:\Users\Russell\Desktop\FLAC Test 1\Somewhere Near Paterson\11-Calling The Moon [Richard Shindell].flac' to 'C:\Users\Russell\Desktop\FLAC Test 2\ Richard Shindell\2000 – Somewhere Near Paterson\11 – Calling The Moon [Richard Shindell].flac

I did some searching on this forum and found a reference to some window that needs to be closed for the error not to occur. Could someone explain to me the solution for this problem?

Administrator

Re: Arrange Audio Error

Perhaps something is using the file? try moving it yourself to a different folder.

dBpoweramp Guru

I got similar random errors in ripping/converting which turned out to be my antivirus scanning the files for virus, it locked the file while it scanned it. My fix was to limit the filetypes the antivirus scanned

Don't have any other programs using the file. Restarted the computer and got the same error. Why would "something" always be using the last file?

When the error dialog box comes up, I hit "Reconvert-Failed". That opens the larger Batch Converter screen. If I close that screen altogether and hit convert again, success.

User swerner had this same issue.

dBpoweramp Guru

Try temporarily turning your antivirus software off before conversion.

schmidj

Tried turning off antivirus with same result.

It looks to me, as strange as this sounds, that batch converter is using the file. If I close the main screen of batch converter (the one with the navigation tree on the L) and reconvert from the dialog box after the error, it is successful.

Administrator

This was a bug in the previous version of dBpoweramp, if using R16 upgrade to R16.1

Thanks Spoon. That fixed it. Guess I ought to keep my software updated.