title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multiple composers and artists not stored with ;

Multiple composers and artists not stored with ;

I have a problem with multiple entries in composer and artist being separated with two back-slash characters "\\" i.e "Paul Statham\\P. Angel Gabriel\\Dido Armstrong" rather than using the semi-colon "; ".
    They all show correctly on screen in dbPowerAmp ripper, but when opening with Mp3tag (to tidy up some of them once ripped).

For example see screen shots...
    Attachment 1113
    Attachment 1114

Re: Multiple composers and artists not stored with ;

Just found the Tag Manipulation "DSP" that sorts this... for anyone facing the same, just add the "ID Tag Processing" DSP and set the Manipulation option "Multiple Artists to 'Artist1; Artist2' (for non multiple artist aware programs).
    Pity I missed this earlier, but now I've found it should make ripping EVEN easier!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multiple composers and artists not stored with ;

Quote Originally Posted by TheAndyMac View Post
    I have a problem with multiple entries in composer and artist being separated with two back-slash characters "" i.e "Paul Statham\\P. Angel Gabriel\\Dido Armstrong" rather than using the semi-colon "; ".
    They all show correctly on screen in dbPowerAmp ripper, but when opening with Mp3tag (to tidy up some of them once ripped).
    This is correct. dBpoweramp and MP3Tag use different (display) separators for multi-value tags, depending on the file format. e.g. flac files in dBpoweramp, multi-value tags are separated by '; ' whereas in MP3Tag the separator is '\\'