title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP 'Volume Normalize' options: Relation between 'Maximum Amplification' and 'Desired

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twie
    • Oct 2016

DSP 'Volume Normalize' options: Relation between 'Maximum Amplification' and 'Desired

I got into confusion reading the official DSP help page about Volume Normalize (https://DSP 'Volume Normalize' optio...lume' settings).

Is the help page clear enough? There is written:
    "Desired Volume can be set higher than 0 dB (which is maximum), setting 12 dB is 4x the maximum, ..."
    The maximum value (for this option) is 0 dB. To what is "... setting 12 dB..." corresponding?

Could anybody explain in more detail the relation between the set 'Maximum Amplification' value and the obviously corresponding 'Desired Volume' value?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSP 'Volume Normalize' options: Relation between 'Maximum Amplification' and 'Des

Maximum amplification is the allowed multiplication factor, if set to 2 then the volume will only be able to be twice as loud.

The Desired volume is the level at which replaygain tries to match to.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twie
      • Oct 2016

Re: DSP 'Volume Normalize' options: Relation between 'Maximum Amplification' and 'Des

to
      Originally posted by Spoon
      The Desired volume is the level at which replaygain tries to match to.
      If there's written "... can be set higher than 0 dB ..." then I understand for example to +1 dB. The implemented slider allows at max 0 dB only. What is my missunderstanding?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can type into the box.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• twie
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
          You can type into the box.
          Thanx, the limiting slider (vs. possible box values) was my misunderstanding.

Comment

Working...

]]>