title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Registered user - support

Registered user - support

Bought PerfectTunes, unfortunately, a few things are not working for me:

1. In Album Edit Mode, entering some text in the Album Artist field at the top of the screen, will make that text to appear in the respective column for all songs, but as soon as you navigate away of that album and comeback, you will see that the Album Artist column is empty.
    2. In Album Edit Mode, select all songs, right click to open popup (to edit combined tags), fill up the Album Artist, click OK to go back to the listing, then, again select all songs, right click to open popup (to edit combined tags) and the value of Album Artist back to empty.
    3. Album Art when download from internet of loaded from file won't get through- the CD icon is not replaced by the selected JPG image.

Very frustrating.

Things that worked:
    1. Renaming Title tags;
    2. Adding Track Numbers;

Perfect tunes installed in default location. Music library in my user Music Folder. I did try starting perfect tunes as both normal and admin user.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Registered user - support

What audio format are your files?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What audio format are your files?
    Audio files are wav, 24 bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueoris View Post
    Audio files are wav, 24 bits.
    wav files are not known for their ability to hold tag information.

Administrator

Yes, if the wave files are LIST FORMAT tagged, they cannot hold the tags you want.

Yes, if the wave files are LIST FORMAT tagged, they cannot hold the tags you want.
    So, how can I add Album Artist and Album Art to those wav files in PerfectTunes? I was hoping to display them correctly (grouped by artist / album) in Foobar2000, and with the album images.

Administrator

You would have to use a audio format which supports those tags, so AIFF or FLAC.

You would have to use a audio format which supports those tags, so AIFF or FLAC.
    I think the problem is not that the files are in wav format , as DBPowerAmp supports those tags every time I rip my CD's as wav.

Also, I tried with MediaMonkey and was able to set the Album Artist and Album Art tags in these specific waves files (they were not produced by DBPowerAmp).

I would like to understand the differences between MediaMonkey and PerfectTunes.
    Last edited by Blueoris; 10-24-2016 at 03:06 AM.

Administrator

Wave files can be tagged 2 ways, it is the ID3 chunk you need in those files to support album artist, however PerfectTUNES would not change the tagging type when writing files, it adds to the type already in the file (WAVE LIST in your case).

If you have dBpoweramp you can install [ID Tag Update] utility codec, then batch convert all your wave files to this to have the tags updated to ID3 chunk. Then PerfectTUNES will tag them.