title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conditional encoding and ID tag processing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dooby
    • Aug 2015

Conditional encoding and ID tag processing

My collection contains approx. 3000 flac files, with different samples rates (16 and 24 bit), bit rates (from 44khz to 192khz), etc...
    My car player is "only" able to play flac files at max 24 bit / 48khz.

Then I'm using dBpoweramp to convert my collection. My need is : resampling all flac files that are above 24 bit / 48khz, and copying the others without reencoding.

In addition to this, I need to manipulate artist tags to transform multi-artist to "artist1; artist2; ..." on ALL flac files (reencoded ones and copied ones too).

For now, I'm using a single FLAC encoder, with those DSPs:
    * Conditional Encoding : action "Copy 1:1 source to destination", "if all conditions match" / Bitdepth "24 bit or below" / Sample rate "48khz or below"
    * Bit Depth : Minimum "8 bit" / Maximum "24 bit" / Dither "Triangular TPDF"
    * Resample : Minimum "8000" / Maximum "48000"
    * ID Tag Processing : Manipulation "Multiple artists to 'Artist1; Artist2"

But my problem is that DSP effect "Conditional Encoding" block other dsps if the copy process is run (this is the main goal). Then, only reencoded files would be tag-processed.

If I want to process ID tags, I must launch a second run on the result of the first run, using only ID tag processing.

If you have any idea to do this in one run, I would be grateful.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conditional encoding and ID tag processing

You are best not using Conditional encode, if you want the other DSP effect to run, you can set conditional values in Min / Max, and just run the conversion for all files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dooby
      • Aug 2015

Okay, but when I tried to set sample rate max to 48khz, files that are equal or below 48khz are displayed with an "Encoding" label in the progress window.
      Maybe those files are not reencoded but it's disturbing.

Example on my album "ABBA Story", FLAC 16 bit / 44khz:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	dooby_2016-10-21_141652.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	293221

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

They would be re-encoded, however it does not matter because you are encoding lossless-to-lossless, the end result is identical to the source file.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dooby
          • Aug 2015

Okay. Thanks!

PS: I wanted to post this thread in "How do I" but I made a mistake. If you can move it, it would be great.

Comment

Working...

]]>