title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ripper and Music Converter stop working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skallagrim
    • Oct 2016

CD ripper and Music Converter stop working

hi
    I have dMc 16.1 and Windows 10

Both CD ripper and Music Converter stop working now.
    CD ripper starts but are minimized and nothing more happens.

I' had dB for since ver.15 worked perfect until now
    The Perfect Tunes package is still working good.

I have reinstalled The reference pack, didnt work.
    Checked my Norton antivirus list, nothing about Cdripper. I've closed down Norton temporary. Didn't work.

regards /Egil
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD ripper and Music Converter stop working

You say music converter is not working also, how so?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Skallagrim
      • Oct 2016

It doesnt start either´. It´s just minimized to an icon.
      The batch converter starts up. The whole dB poweramp package worked perfekt for mybe a week ago.
      Today I noticed the problems. I have rebooted the computer and reinstalled dBp. And tryed out start dB as admin...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Skallagrim
          • Oct 2016

It worked out fine, Thanks a lot :-)

Regards Egil

Comment

• falconsoars
            • Nov 2009

I wish I had found this last night when I was trying to fix CD Ripper 15.3 so it would stop crashing and run. It was working fine then it crashed/hung while ripping a CD a second time that I had ripped earlier but on different settings. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. To give you a few more details for your information about this problem since it appears from this forum that Windows 10, especially the 64 bit version, has some compatibility issues with dbpa (along with many other apps; it's so bad I'm thinking of rolling back to 8.1):

I had already ripped this CD to FLAC and MP3 so I deleted that FLAC version but forgot to delete the MP3 version. I tried to re-rip the CD in secure/C2 error pointer mode (I had forgotten to set that before ripping the first version which defaulted to Burst mode - the reason I was re-ripping). It turned out to be a particularly problematic CD, taking a long time to rip, slowing down to less than 1X. In the middle of that troublesome track CD Ripper crashed by hanging with no abiity to cancel the rip or closing the ripper. I checked Task Manager and it confirmed that the application wasn't responding so I closed the task. When i re-opened CD Ripper it was still hung and again wouldn't even close without ending it in Task Manager.

So I uninstalled dbpa with the uninstall program, which I discovered didn't delete the registry entries, only the program files. Then I reinstalled it and encountered the same problem as before - hung/unresponsive, again requiring ending with Task Manager. So I did a complete uninstall (I hadn't discovered this thread yet so I had to do it myself, since I know my way around the registry) and reinstall. That worked and CD Ripper is working ok again.

Two questions:
            1) Are you encountering any of the same or similar Windows 10 compatibility issues with your latest version-16, as users were having with 15?

2) This was my first use of dbpa on my 64 bit laptop. I had been using it for many years on my now defunct 32 bit Windows 7 computer and before that, on my 32 bit XP (great software btw! . I was also using a new external optical drive, so when I was setting up secure ripping with C2 error pointers, I had to run the C2 test on my drive. I couldn't find my intentionally bad test disc so I had to burn a new disc. But there was no dbpa CD burn app anymore like I had on my Win 7 machine. Then I found the thread about CD Burn not being compatible with 64 bit Windows and having to force a 32 bit dbpa install to get it. So I had to use WMP to burn it. I almost never burn CD's anymore; always the other way around - gradually ripping and disposing of my entire CD collection. But I would still like to have the full suite of dbpa tools since I paid for them and I prefer dbpa tools over other options. My question:
            Does dbpa version 16.1 have that same problem or do you still need to force the 32 bit install to get CD Burn?

Thanks for your support and for your excellent software!
            Last edited by falconsoars; 12-09-2016, 01:43 AM. Reason: fix typos

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

1) There are no known issues with R15 and Windows 10
              2) CD Writer requires the 32 bit version.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>