title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging issues: "Rating" & "Grouping"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iGowanus68
    • Mar 2016

Tagging issues: "Rating" & "Grouping"

For several months I have been using dBpa to rip CDs from my collection to iTunes. There were some bumps early on, but they were dealt with and things, i.e., tagging, had been proceeding more or less smoothly. A few days ago, I finally completed the ripping of the "Classical" portion of my collection & commenced ripping the "Jazz" portion. First, I created a new iTunes library & a new Profile in dBpa. No problem. Then I started ripping. But something had changed. The "Ratings" column was being filled with stars, which had not been the case before when I was ripping the Classical CDs, & which I did not want now. Additionally, when the ripped files are imported into iTunes, data such as Post Bop, Hard Bop, Fusion is being entered into the "Grouping" field in the Information box. This too had not been the case before, except occasionally, & I do not want it now. I do not know whether either of these changes are being caused by dBpa or by iTunes. I unchecked "Rating" in the dBpa ripper Meta Data & ID Tag Options box, but this did not effect the stars -- they are still filling the Rating column. Can anyone tell me how to solve these issues?
    Last edited by iGowanus68; 10-17-2016, 11:57 PM.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Tagging issues: "Rating" & "Grouping"

What DSPs are you using in your Classical profile?

Comment

• iGowanus68
      • Mar 2016

I do not see where that information is listed, but to my recollection, I am using Replay Gain with Track, Album Gain & iTunes Track Normalization. In any case, the Jazz profile was created based on the existing previous profile. So those duplicated DSPs, which were working successfully over the course of about 1000 rips, should still be working the same. Right? I have submitted an inquiry to the iTunes community support forum. I received a reply but not a solution.

Bill

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by iGowanus68
        I do not see where that information is listed, but to my recollection, I am using Replay Gain with Track, Album Gain & iTunes Track Normalization.
        The DSPs are listed in the DSP section of CDRipper. You are be able to select a profile and check the DSPs in use. Are the DSPs the same for each profile?

Comment

Working...

]]>