title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset R6 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kaled
    • Sep 2013

Re: Asset R6 Discussions

I've just installed this beta and I really like the new features. I'm playing with the multiple server option and am trying to create a server that exlcudes all tracks except that those of the genre 'Christmas' (wonder why at this time of year ). Anyhow, I've read the instructions for changing to the AssetUPNPExclusions.txt and simple added the following text to the end of the text in the file
    [excludeall]
    genre:=christmas
    i.e. I haven't deleted the text above - all the lines starting with *
    Is this the correct way to do it?
    I then saved, restarted Asset and rescanned all. However, all my tracks are found and visible, therefore the exclusion doesn't seem to have worked.

I think I may have found a bug too. Having closed Asset a couple of times, then only 1 server became visible in the drop down yet they the others are still visible to DLNA players.

Comment

• kaled
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by kaled
      I've just installed this beta and I really like the new features. I'm playing with the multiple server option and am trying to create a server that exlcudes all tracks except that those of the genre 'Christmas' (wonder why at this time of year ). Anyhow, I've read the instructions for changing to the AssetUPNPExclusions.txt and simple added the following text to the end of the text in the file
      [excludeall]
      genre:=christmas
      i.e. I haven't deleted the text above - all the lines starting with *
      Is this the correct way to do it?
      I then saved, restarted Asset and rescanned all. However, all my tracks are found and visible, therefore the exclusion doesn't seem to have worked.

I think I may have found a bug too. Having closed Asset a couple of times, then only 1 server became visible in the drop down yet they the others are still visible to DLNA players.
      OK the 'bug' - I've looked a little more. If I navigate to user>AppData>Roaming... I see that there are 3 folders (1, 2, 3), which appear to assume the role of holding the relevant files for 3 different servers. With the behavior mentioned above, I created another server and this time the new folder was placed with in folder '3' which is the 'Christmas' Server. Seems the software is not reading from the correct location now?
      Is there any easy way to reset the overall 'user configuration' that Asset reads, or should I attempt reinstalling etc.
      Help appreciated and thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your exclusion looks right to me, does it not work?

If you created 3 assets (you must have done for 3 folders to be listed), then removed one, then added another it takes the next free spot, so it is possible to have folder 1 used and folder 3 but not 2.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kaled
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
          Your exclusion looks right to me, does it not work?

If you created 3 assets (you must have done for 3 folders to be listed), then removed one, then added another it takes the next free spot, so it is possible to have folder 1 used and folder 3 but not 2.
          Afraid not - wouldn't only 'filter' Christmas Genre. I will try again and do something simpler, like artist and see how that goes.

Regarding the assets, then yes in the root folder in my user profile I have 3 folders that represented 3 assets I created. However, when I created a 4th, it became 'embedded' within folder 3 and asset for folder 3 became the main asset and can't be removed, whilst the original asset 1 and 2 are no longer visible within the gui but are functional in the sense that they are visible to upnp players on my network

Comment

• kaled
            • Sep 2013

I think I'm getting into a mess now. Regardless of whether I uninstall, delete the uMediaLibrary folder in my profile and reinstall, I now can't obtain a stable installation. The behaviour is that even a single asset is not being configured correctly.
            Is there a way to completely uninstall and remove the software so that I can start again?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

By uninstalling and deleting the uMediaLibrary folder, that is completely removing the software.

I think there is something else going on, on your system. We have never had a previous report of Asset configuration crashing, it does not do much aside from writing a config file.

Does other software function normally on that computer?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kaled
                • Sep 2013

Computer is very stable. I've reverted to version 5 and everything is fine again. I'm happy to trial v6 beta further if I can help. I particularly like the multiple asset configuration

Comment

• alvester
                  • Mar 2006

I really like the new icons and how "Jukebox Track Selection" and other playback options are more upfront and quicker to access with the Media . I'd love the ability to customize the media folder when viewing an AssetUPnP library from a DLNA app like BubbleUPnP. I wish there was though to prioritize or make something like "Jukebox Track Selection" an even more upfront favorite. This is what I tend to use the most.

I also really like how it now transcodes DSD files to 24/96 automatically which is excellent for streaming to my various renderers.

Comment

• simes_pep
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Dec 2013

So, I have asked this in past, however there have been some developments recently that have seen a shift in approach.
                    i.e. The Tidal desktop app and software decoding, plus news that the Roon Core will also support MQA decoding.

Could Asset support the decoding of MQA in a software decoding, 'unpacking' of the HiRes information folded into a 24/48 bucket. Once it is unpacked to say a full 24/192 FLAC format, then transcode to WAV and serve to the UPnP playback device?
                    I think this would only work for locally stored MQA content, and not streamed from Tidal.

Thanks,
                    Simon

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

MQA is not something we are looking at licensing currently.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LionPaw
                        • Oct 2011

Hi Spoon,

I have just updated to the latest R6 beta and it seems that the HEOS fix that you implemented in one of the first betas to fix the issue in the thread " https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...EOS-iPhone-App " has now returned and the search fails again for artists.

If I revert to the first beta all is OK with the current release of the HEOS app on the iPhone.

Looking at versions and the digital signature on the files, the one that works is "18/10/2016" and the one that does not is "26/11/2016"; not sure how else to say which version it is?

Please let me know what logs you would like.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

2 logs files please, the version which works (for search) and the latest doing the same search.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LionPaw
                            • Oct 2011

Hi Spoon,

Attached are the two log files requested - one with v6 beta with the search working and the second with latest v6 beta where the search fails.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

working_asset-debug-asset.txt
                            failed_asset-debug-asset.txt

Comment

• simes_pep
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Dec 2013

Hi, What's the update on getting this version out of Beta and released on Windows, so the porting to Linux and RPi can be undertaken, so the improved functionality can be seen on these platforms.

Thanks,
                              Simon.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

There is a few more small fixes to be made then perhaps it can release.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>