title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch convert folder & file name

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PepsiCan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2014

Batch convert folder & file name

Hi everyone

I'm trying to convert the folder names and file names to a new format. But I can't get it to work. Here is the current folder & filename and what I want to convert them to.

Code:
    [IF][LOWER][genre][],=,classical,
         [IF][compilation],=,1,1_Classical\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[composer]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                           [album artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[composer]_[artist]-[disc_total][],
         [IF][compilation],=,1,2_Modern\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                          [IFVALUE][album artist],[album artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                                         [artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total][][][]
    What I want to do is create folder names based on Album Artist Sort and Artist Sort (I use FLAC files and these tags have values in them).

Code:
    [IF][LOWER][genre][],=,classical,
         [IF][compilation],=,1,1_Classical\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[composer]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                           [[B]album artist sort[/B]]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[composer]_[artist]-[disc_total][],
         [IF][compilation],=,1,2_Modern\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                          [IFVALUE][[B]album artist sort[/B]],[[B]album artist sort[/B]]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total],
                                                         [[B]artist sort[/B]]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track]-[title]_[artist]-[disc_total][][][]
    This is so the folder structure works out correctly and "The Beatles" are under B as "Beatles, The".

But it comes up as gibberish as if Batch Converter (and disc ripper), don't understand these tags exist. What am I missing? Thank you for your help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch convert folder & file name

You need:

[tag]Album Artist Sort[]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PepsiCan
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      You need:

[tag]Album Artist Sort[]
      That works if I use it in Batch Converter in a single line. But when I place an IF statement around, I get an incorrect file path and file name. Does Batch Converter not support IF when doing file- and folder renaming? It is not selectable when creating your script.

Also, there is an issue with using commas in the filename in combination with using IF. I had to replace them with "_" to make it work in CD ripper.

Comment

• PepsiCan
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by PepsiCan
        That works if I use it in Batch Converter in a single line. But when I place an IF statement around, I get an incorrect file path and file name. Does Batch Converter not support IF when doing file- and folder renaming? It is not selectable when creating your script.

Also, there is an issue with using commas in the filename in combination with using IF. I had to replace them with "_" to make it work in CD ripper.
        I rewrote the script. It now no longer uses [IF]. It is also a bit shorter now. So, all good.

Comment

Working...

]]>