title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset for QNAP - Memory Leak

Re: Asset for QNAP - Memory Leak

Thanks Peter - I just found your email in my spam quarantine. I have whitelisted you now. Have installed the new version and will revert as requested.

Well so far the new beta version (in either free or premium form) does not appear to suffer from the memory usage problem.

Super Moderator

Beta 4 posted-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-for-Mac-Linux

Asset R5 used to have a workaround for specific devices hammering Asset's library, causing excess memory usage by trying to enter every container.
    This workaround did not fully cover R6's new features. This has now been addressed.

This is bizarre. As noted above the new beta version has been running apparently problem free since 6th March. Today I logged into my QNAP to find Asset is hogging nearly 4GB of memory!

Super Moderator

OK, further mitigations will be added.

A temporary workaround for this, until I sort it out properly:
    Go to Asset settings, Settings Override (Control Point Specific)
    Put the full name of your LG TV (will be on the list at the bottom) in blocked control point list.
    The leaks should not recur as the device hammering us with recursive requests will no longer be allowed.

Sorry, I think we may be slightly awry here, I don't have an LG TV. However I've re-started Asset and following your post above I noted that three devices were in the "known control points" list. One is the OPPO Sonica app, which is the only one I want to be able to access Asset, the other two were my Sony TV and what I think is a iPad. I've put these latter two in the blocked list and await results, although it may be a while before I know going on my experience above.

OK Asset has been running since I posted the above yesterday, except between midnight and 0800 this morning when the QNAP sleeps, and it is currently using 844MB of RAM. No devices have been (intentionally) accessing Asset. This is odd since it seemed to be fine in early March. The only difference that I am aware of is that there has been a QNAP firmware update since then.

Up to 934MB of RAM today. However, my apologies as I hadn't realised we were up to beta 6 and I was still running beta 3. I've now installed beta 6 and we'll see how that goes...

Super Moderator

Beta 7 posted - an issue causing memory usage creep while being indexed by specific control points has been addressed.

Thanks Peter, installing that now (1 day on beta 6 and only 11MB RAM usage ) - I found that beta 6 and beta 7 spend a long time at "Installing - 45%" on my QNAP, but have patience, it does get to 100% eventually.