title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Regarding ReplayGain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flava0ne
    • Aug 2016

Regarding ReplayGain

Why are the values for replaygain_album_gain different if I rip the exact same album from my laptop instead of my computer? I only do this for certain tracks that refuse to be ripped accurately on my computer and for some reason I'm able to on my laptop. Also with the replaygain_album_peak value, sometimes but not all the time this would also be different.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Regarding ReplayGain

What differences are there?

Note if your drives cannot overread then the first or last track would be different between computers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

If you don't re-analyze all tracks in an album together, then album RG values will be different. If I have to rerip even one track, when done I reanalyze the entire album of tracks to redo RG values for all.

Comment

• Flava0ne
        • Aug 2016

How do you re-analyze the album? Do you mean by clicking on the refresh button? All I did was replace the values of the tracks that I ripped from my laptop to match the rest of the album that I ripped on my computer.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Flava0ne
          How do you re-analyze the album? Do you mean by clicking on the refresh button? All I did was replace the values of the tracks that I ripped from my laptop to match the rest of the album that I ripped on my computer.
          Select all album files, right click, DBPA CONVERT TO, then choose REPLAYGAIN DSP as the "codec" rather than flac or MP3. You may need to install the RG DSP from codec central.

Comment

• Flava0ne
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by garym
            Select all album files, right click, DBPA CONVERT TO, then choose REPLAYGAIN DSP as the "codec" rather than flac or MP3. You may need to install the RG DSP from codec central.
            Okay thanks. But what I had already done, by changing the values manually to match the rest of the tracks that I ripped from my computer be okay?

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Flava0ne
              Okay thanks. But what I had already done, by changing the values manually to match the rest of the tracks that I ripped from my computer be okay?
              Sort of the same. But if separately ripped tracks weren't included in the original calculation of the album RG gain value, then including all tracks in a recalculation will give you slightly different values. Personally, if I have to do separate rips for some tracks, I redo the RG calcs with all tracks.

Comment

• Flava0ne
                • Aug 2016

Originally posted by garym
                Sort of the same. But if separately ripped tracks weren't included in the original calculation of the album RG gain value, then including all tracks in a recalculation will give you slightly different values. Personally, if I have to do separate rips for some tracks, I redo the RG calcs with all tracks.
                Yeah, I was just thinking about that so I went ahead an installed utility codec for RG and re-did the entire albums that had to rip other tracks from my laptop, thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>