title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: BUG - CD Ripper manual fill fields tab jumps to wrong boxes

Exclamation BUG - CD Ripper manual fill fields tab jumps to wrong boxes

Hi Guys,

Every now and then I have to enter data for a CD that's not in the library.

To do this , in v15 I could start on the field called "album", fill that in then hit tab to jump to "Artist", "compilation", "year" and so on.

The field order that the cursor jumps to when you use tab has changed for no good reason.

Now if i start on "Album", tab jumps to "compilation", then "disc" going horizontally across the fields instead of vertically a column at a time.

It's a small thing but please could it be changed to the "correct" behaviour?

(I know it should be "previous" behaviour, but the old way makes sense!)

Thanks

Mark

Administrator

Re: BUG - CD Ripper manual fill fields tab jumps to wrong boxes

I do not think is a bug if it complies with how applications should be designed on Windows.

Re: BUG - CD Ripper manual fill fields tab jumps to wrong boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I do not think is a bug if it complies with how applications should be designed on Windows.
    Hi Spoon, thanks for getting back, and I salute all your hard work!

But why change the design? I'm sure I don't have any other windows apps that work this way.

It's logical to fill in the Album name followed by the artist, and so on, and that's exactly how version 15 and previous versions did it.

Are you saying there is a windows rule that using tab to jump to the next item MUST go across horizontally and not vertically down a list? I thought you could program the order of tab jumps.

In excel I can understand it. In a GUI like CD Ripper it makes no sense, unless you alter the layout of the boxes.

It worked well, and now it doesn't.

It may be working as designed but it's extremely inconvenient to have to use the mouse to be able to enter the information in the order I've always used.

So let's call it a request for enhancement instead. I've just finished ripping a 12 CD audiobook which isn't in the library. On every single disc I've had to stop using tab to jump to fields as i kept ending up in compilation instead of Artist. This is a real inconvenience. Please can you take a look at the way R15 did it?

Thanks, Mark