title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dalet codec

Dalet codec

Dear sir, I am using DALET 5.1e and tried the DALET Codec from the dbpoweramp (ver. 12, 16, 16.1) and from different computers to convert from .wav or .mp3 to .snd. The conversion works but at the last few seconds (from 5 to 15 sec) the sound is cut or disappears. When you open the file with the DALET Editor you see the photo that I'm sending you. If you open the file with Sound Forge the file plays out completely but at the last few seconds the waveform is missing despite the fact that you can still hear the sound playing out. Can you please help? Besr Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Dalet codec

What happens if you convert to .mp3, is the sound cut off also?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What happens if you convert to .mp3, is the sound cut off also?
    we have not tried converting to .mp3, but this is something we not going to do anyway. We are interested about converting to Dalet format .snd. We don't use the .mp3 format. Thanks.

Administrator

You need to try it as a test so it will tell me either the reading of the existing files is cut off, or the creation of the dalet is cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You need to try it as a test so it will tell me either the reading of the existing files is cut off, or the creation of the dalet is cut off.
    you want me to convert mp3 to dalet snd format?

I tried converting from .mp3 to .wav and .wav to .mp3 and everything looks ok. There is no problem whatsoever.
    Thanks

Administrator

Try converting a snd file which is cut off to wave, does it play normally?

Yes, play normally

It's been years since I have used Dalet 5.1, but perhaps it is because the WAVs in Dalet can either be PCM or MP2 (Mpeg1-Layer II with forced padding)? And if you are converting an MP2, it dBpoweramp gets confused?

Just guessing, but it seems "something" like that was always an issue with Dalet. I would always get tripped up on the MP2-WAV files. There was some kind of conflict with the MP2 CODEC and it got worse when they were combined. I believe til this day, my old Dalet files that are MP2-WAV will not convert with dBpoweramp. Again, I struggle to remember, but I think the only working CODEC used to be the TOOLAME CODEC.

Doesn't help you much, but maybe it can spark a thought.