title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp re-rip album without having to re-rip CD

dBpoweramp re-rip album without having to re-rip CD

Instead of opening the CD, open up a ripped album in a directory so you can do things that normally happen when ripping a CD e.g.

Alt-M to edit/update meta data e.g. adding in Composers from Discogs.

Instead of ripping, it updates the meta data, adding/removing anything you have specified in the options e.g. disc ID tags, AccurateRip tags.

Generates a log file with an option to not over-writing an existing one e.g. use the extension log2. Or even better merge in the new AccurateRip Info into the exisiting log file.

It is like re-ripping without having to re-rip.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp re-rip album without having to re-rip CD

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBobs View Post
    Instead of opening the CD, open up a ripped album in a directory so you can do things that normally happen when ripping a CD e.g.

Alt-M to edit/update meta data e.g. adding in Composers from Discogs.

Instead of ripping, it updates the meta data, adding/removing anything you have specified in the options e.g. disc ID tags, AccurateRip tags.

Generates a log file with an option to not over-writing an existing one e.g. use the extension log2. Or even better merge in the new AccurateRip Info into the exisiting log file.

It is like re-ripping without having to re-rip.
    In terms of getting better metadata or artwork and checking AR, isn't this essentially what the product PerfectTunes does?
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/perfecttunes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    In terms of getting better metadata or artwork and checking AR, isn't this essentially what the product PerfectTunes does?
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/perfecttunes.htm
    I have a license for PerfectTUNE.
    Are there options to make it do what I said? I don't see them.

Administrator

PerfectTUNES will check again with AccurateRip, however it will not read id tags from the internet.

I double this wish - and yes, I have license for PerfectTunes as well (which is a wonderful tool).

From time to time you want to double check if the meta data of any music file is still accurate; there are several reasons for that, e.g.
    - in the beginning of your ripping times you did not spend attention to specific information (e.g., Composer for Modern and Rock titles) and since Asset now offers multiple Libraries on the same server you want to have this information as well
    - At the time of ripping the CD you were the first one and had to enter all titles by hand. After a while you want to check if other submitted the titles as well.