title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing artwork

Missing artwork

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to this, so please be easy on me! I've just joined the 21st century and taken plunge to purchase a (Linn) network player. I've started to rip my CD's (onto a PC initially) but have noticed that in quite a few instances, there is no artwork to choose from. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or my set up is faulty. I'm loath to continue until I understand what, if anything, the problem is. Does anyone know if it is possible to retrospectively add artwork?

Best regards

Mike

Administrator

Re: Missing artwork

You are best to add the artwork before ripping, if you click on the cd disc (lower right) in cd ripper you can choose from the internet.

For adding artwork en-mass to existing albums, you are best to try PerfectTUNES.

Spoon, but as a comment, 15.3 use to bring back lots of results, especially on commercial releases, 16.1 seems to bring back a fraction of the choice and sometimes nothing. Did you change the search logic / search lookups ?

Administrator

R15 used AMG, this service is about to be switched off.

Hello again everyone,

Many thanks for your observations, which are much appreciated. I've just discovered that dBpoweramp has a scanning facility, which seems to copy across those artworks that aren't readily available on the web.

Regards

Mike