title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R15.3 will not uninstall from Win10 computer - SpoonUninstall.exe missing

R15.3 will not uninstall from Win10 computer - SpoonUninstall.exe missing

I'm having trouble uninstalling dBpoweramp (64-bit Release 15.3) and dBpoweramp DSP Effects (Release 11) from my two Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) computers.

When attempting to uninstall each program from the Windows 10 "Apps & features" page I get the following error message: "Windows cannot find [...] \system32\SpoonUninstall.exe".

How do I uninstall dBpoweramp R15.3 without SpoonUninstall.exe? Would it help if I tried installing R15.3 again? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Administrator

Re: R15.3 will not uninstall from Win10 computer - SpoonUninstall.exe missing

You can try to reinstall then uninstall.

If it does not help, install R16 (trial) then uninstall.

Thanks for the advice!

Reinstalling/uninstalling R15.3 did not help (same error messages as before).

Installing/uninstalling R16 (trial) partially worked. dBpoweramp was removed, but dBpoweramp DSP Effects was not (same error message as before).

After completing the steps above, I went ahead and installed R16.1 (registered). As far as I can determine, the new version of dBpoweramp (ripper & converter) appears to be working properly.

Administrator

The dsp effects are standard now in r16

dBpoweramp 15.3 has been working flawlessly for years. Attempted to rip new CD with R15.3. Did not work. Returns error msg: Error initializing FLAC encoder. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Attempted to re-rip CD in library. Same error.

Rebooted PC. No change.

Attempted uninstall/reinstall. Uninstall returned msg: spoonuninstall.exe not found.

Tried suggestion in this thread to install new trial version (17.1)& uninstall. Process worked. Reinstalled trial version 17.1, but CD Ripper still did not work, same error msg.

Uninstalled new trial version 17.1. Installed R15.3. Same error msg.

Noted that all new installs still had my Multi Encoder settings.

Uninstalled R15.3. Scanned for, found, and deleted files left after uninstall.

Rebooted and installed 17.1 trial. Still returned error msg, still had my Multi Enoder settings

Noted there were other dBpoweramp items listed in the add/remove list. Tried to remove dBpoweramp DSP Effects. Got same error msg spoonuninstall.exe not found.

What I want to do is wipe all traces of dBpoweramp, start over with a clean 17.1 trial to make sure it works, then buy the family pack. I would appreciate any help offered.

Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you use a securtiy software and if so, which one?

Dat Ei

Administrator

I disabled McAfee and repeated uninstall/reinstall process. No joy.

I ripped my new music using EAC as workaround until I could fix the dBpoweramp problem. Tried to copy ripped files from PC to NAS, only to discover NAS drive was full.

My first dBpoweramp Multi Encoder task is ripping flac to NAS, so processes halted immediately. That was my problem all along, but error message indicated an encoder issue, nothing about lack of storage.

Deleted an old photo archive on NAS and everything works fine. Red faced with big smile.

Thank you for your help and your fine software.

Administrator

What exact error message is shown?