title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP on DD-WRT

Asset UPnP on DD-WRT

I am currently running Asset UPnP (using the Raspberry PI release 5 version) on DD-WRT (v3.0-r30695M kongmv (09/26/16) on Linksys WRT-1900ac V1 router).

It seems to be working as expected in my limited testing, with one problem: it is not advertising on my network. So while I can manually put in the http URL on some (very few) clients, those (e.g. my receiver) that only allow auto find of the UPnP servers can not find it. I realize this is not a supported configuration - but just looking for any thoughts on how to get it to broadcast that it is on the network. I will also post in the DD-WRT forums to see if anyone over there has ideas.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP on DD-WRT

Any firewalls on your NAS?

The router only has an external/WAN (SPI) firewall - otherwise it should be wide open on the LAN. I did try disabling the firewall in my testing but that didn't work.

Obviously the TCP port 26125 is open as this is what I am able to manually connect to. And UDP 1900 looks to be open.

Thanks!

Administrator

UPnP SSDP discovery works on multicasting, based on a 239.255.255.250 address which broadcasts to the whole network. If this is being blocked then nothing will discover the server. Port 1900 is also SSDP but it is for devices which already know about the IP address of the server, this is a manual configuration route, that most UPnP systems do not allow.

Thanks - that is helpful - I will see if there might be something blocking that broadcast.