title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie in trouble with simple conversion task

Newbie in trouble with simple conversion task

AdditoI'm brand new to this program, and I can't get it to do what I'd like it to. I'm running the trial version.

I have a desktop folder with 18 flac files I'd like to convert to MP3. I have selected the files within the folder, but when I click Convert I get this:

Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

Where to I specify an encoder? What encoder would I choose, if I knew where to find the list?

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MarkNY; 09-26-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Additional info

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newbie in trouble with simple conversion task

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNY View Post
    AdditoI'm brand new to this program, and I can't get it to do what I'd like it to. I'm running the trial version.

I have a desktop folder with 18 flac files I'd like to convert to MP3. I have selected the files within the folder, but when I click Convert I get this:

Error no encoder specified. [dBCoreConverter::ParseCommandLine]

Where to I specify an encoder? What encoder would I choose, if I knew where to find the list?

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    You're either selecting then right clicking and choosing "convert to" or "dbpa batch converter"

if convert to, you get the following popup screen: (at the top, under encoder, choose the dropdown and then select mp3(lame). Then set on VBR then use slider for size (-v0, -v1, -v2, etc.)

CropperCapture[1].jpg

If you are right clicking on folder containing tracks then selecting "dbpa batch converter" then you'll get a screen with the files you've selected. Then in upper left you have to click on CONVERT button. Then you'll get the same popup screen as above.

Re: Newbie in trouble with simple conversion task

Thanks for your rapid response. I did everything as I had before, and now it works as you described it. It's all a mystery to me.