title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBPoweramp plays audio CD but cannot rip in any format

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul S.
    • Sep 2016

DBPoweramp plays audio CD but cannot rip in any format

Hi - I am new to DBPoweramp. I have been unsuccessful in ripping (in FLAC) the last track of a 3 CD collection (Hawkwind Epoch Disc 3 - Track 15 Silver Machine). All other tracks ripped successfully. If I play the track in DB Poweramp, the track sound perfect (or so it seems), however as soon as I try to rip to FLAC or WAV or even just test mode, it flags as inaccurate and any ripped file is full of audibly skips for over 1/2 of the track length. I've tried various settings including burst, secure and defective with the same bad result. So why can I play it but not rip it ? Is there a more forgivable setting ? The disc is pristine and unmarked.
  • Paul S.
    • Sep 2016

Re: DBPoweramp plays audio CD but cannot rip in any format

Well after a little more thinking I answered this myself. When playing a CD, it spins at 1x. When ripping it spins at 16x or more. Slowing down the rip to the minimum 4x in DBPoweramp solved the problem. The last track will always be most susceptible to any manufacturing variation in the disc as the linear speed is always higher at the edge than the middle for the same rotational speed.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: DBPoweramp plays audio CD but cannot rip in any format

You have tried ripping at a slower speed?

Do you have access to a different cd drive?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>