title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 'Unknown artist' metadata gets diferent image art on each track, how to avoid ?

'Unknown artist' metadata gets diferent image art on each track, how to avoid ?

I am in Portugal, just bought DBpoweramp ref.

When ripping and data is 'unkown artist' , I get image from net and place it on folder.jpg and rip.

After rip the image I placed on folder is not the image on each track , each track has a diferent image coming from old rips , may be on cache ???

How can I avoid this to happen and only the image I placed on folder.jpg is part of each track?

Deleting any internal cache of old images already ripped ??? How ??
    On menu settings I unpicked the dbpower cache but no result.

Can you help here ?

thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 'Unknown artist' metadata gets diferent image art on each track, how to avoid ?

Where are you viewing the incorrect images? Perhaps post a screenshot?

Re: 'Unknown artist' metadata gets diferent image art on each track, how to avoid ?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Where are you viewing the incorrect images? Perhaps post a screenshot?
    I view when I open each track for listening.
    If known artist and data well retrieved all ok but with unknown artist + data I view different images in each track.
    Since wrong images are from past and correct rips , assume some cache involved.

tks for yr reply

wrong image.jpgFolder.jpg
    sending wrong image and rioht folder one.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pbelo View Post
    I view when I open each track for listening.
    If known artist and data well retrieved all ok but with unknown artist + data I view different images in each track.
    Since wrong images are from past and correct rips , assume some cache involved.

tks for yr reply
    open for listening in what program? I suspect you are using WMP for playback which automatically adds all kinds of stuff to your files, including artwork. I woudn't use WMP.

using VLC , only on CD's without metada reteival this happens , all others are fine , either WMP or VLC , or else.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pbelo View Post
    using VLC , only on CD's without metada reteival this happens , all others are fine , either WMP or VLC , or else.
    Not sure what's happening, but dbpa is not likely the culprit. My advice is to add metadata to the CDs that don't get automatic retrieval. Either at time of ripping or editing the tags after the fact. You'll ultimately want to do this in any case.

EDIT: and question. When these CDs with no metadata are ripped, do the tracks from a single CD end up in a single folder? or do all these end up in a "unknown artist/unknownCD" folder structure, all together from all such CDs. If that's the case, then that is the cause of the problem. You need to at least enter the "artist" and the "album" at time of ripping, even if you don't enter track names.

I always get cd image from net and place it on place, that's why always on folder.jpg is correct image.

Files of a SINGLE CD end as normal individual tracks in a single folder under 'unkown artist' title in each track of such cd ,
    folder name is the name I placed not 'unkown artist' , such wrong name is just on each track and each cd folder is separated from each other, not together with other similar cd's but each one at separate folder.

Just for confirmation I made a rip now placing manually artist and album names, all same as before, no difference at all.

see attcahed pic for result .

dBpoweramp Guru

i'm out of ideas.

Thanks anyway , may be ideas will pop up ....it's quite strange indeed , I think something to do with cache involved, bcz always images from past rips pop up in each track, can we clean the cache , how ?

dBpoweramp Guru

This is likely an issue with you media player, in this case VLC.

Administrator

VLC has an option to retrieve metadata, disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    VLC has an option to retrieve metadata, disable it.
    That did the trick , culprit here was VLC , WMP was ok , all settled tks to you experts.
    Option is very hidden inside, but uninstalled it , installed new ver and at start it asks if we want metadata retrieved or not and then our decision.

many thanks from Portugal

Pedro