title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New to ripping with dppoweramp

New to ripping with dppoweramp

1. I'm about to purchase dppoweramp, but I would first like to confirm that "burst mode" is the default and will automatically go into "secure mode" if errors are detected?

2. How good is "AccurateRip" for classical music?

3. On average, how long does it take to rip a CD in "burst mode?"

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New to ripping with dppoweramp

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    1. I'm about to purchase dppoweramp, but I would first like to confirm that "burst mode" is the default and will automatically go into "secure mode" if errors are detected?

2. How good is "AccurateRip" for classical music?

3. On average, how long does it take to rip a CD in "burst mode?"

Thanks!
    1. no, not automatic. but setting it for ultrasecure ripping will essentially be automatic as you desire. That is, it does a burst mode (one pass), compares to AccurateRip database and if a match, will finish. If not a match, then it will go through the different passes, etc. This is a good thing about the software....it only uses the extra secure passes if it needs to.

2. no clue

3. 3 or 4 minutes.

Re: New to ripping with dppoweramp

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    1. no, not automatic. but setting it for ultrasecure ripping will essentially be automatic as you desire. That is, it does a burst mode (one pass), compares to AccurateRip database and if a match, will finish. If not a match, then it will go through the different passes, etc. This is a good thing about the software....it only uses the extra secure passes if it needs to.

2. no clue

3. 3 or 4 minutes.
    Thank you very much. Yes, I guess I will enable "Ultra Secure" and take things from there.