title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Allow re-rip of discs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Z0001
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2011

Allow re-rip of discs

Hi - I need to know how to set dBpa so that when and if i need to re-rip (eg filing system changed) dBpa allows me to re-rip. Currently it just ejects the discs.

Also as I use Batch ripper, what setting do I need to activate so that I can check the meta data and edit it?

After a computer rebuild I have forgotten these essential settings!

thanks
    Z
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Allow re-rip of discs

I do not understand your first question, please re-phrase it.

The 2nd, to get metadata in Batch Ripper you can use musicbrainz and discogs, or pay some money to gd3 for each disc. Install the latest R3 batch ripper from the testing section of this forum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Z0001
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2011

What need i need to be able to do is re-rip a disc. when i try to re-rip it says that the disc has already been ripped, and it aborts. because of error in my tagging and fact that it did not pause for me to manually change meta data, the files are incorrectly tagged and filed.

thanks

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but dbpa does allow this. For example, if I rip a CD, I can immediately re-rip the CD (or any subset of tracks), including editing any metadata. The only thing dbpa does is the extra step of asking me if I want to overwrite the prior ripped files. If I say "overwrite" it rerips the CD.

Comment

Working...

]]>