title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Attempting to convert itunes 12.4.3.1 to mp3 - not getting meta data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ldWesty
    • Sep 2016

Attempting to convert itunes 12.4.3.1 to mp3 - not getting meta data

I'm running the latest ver of dBpa trial on Win 10 latest patch bundle.
    And I'm wanting to get off of itunes forever - I'd like to export a few thousand itunes songs to mp3.

First I Told Batch Converter to convert itunes & subfolders. - after a while, no metadata.
    OK, then start at C: - long while, still reading but not producing metadata.

I will gladly buy the product if it will do my conversion.
    Help, please.
    Last edited by ldWesty; 09-16-2016, 04:43 PM. Reason: adding tags
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Attempting to convert itunes 12.4.3.1 to mp3 - not getting meta data

If you ripped these files in iTunes, then the metadata is not attached to the files, it is instead held internally within iTunes.

There are programs which can export iTunes metadata to the files, you should search on google.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ldWesty
      • Sep 2016

I have not ripped the itunes library to mp3 yet. All songs are still in itunes mp4 format. I am assuming dBpa will grab my itunes library and produce mp3's.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It can produce mp3s and they will have ID tags, if the source files have ID Tags also. Your files do not have id tags, the tags are held internally in iTunes, or to put another way, if you copy all the files from one mac to another, they would not have id tags, even in iTunes on the 2nd mac.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

there's a program called iCoverArt (costs $5) that can embed all the artwork contained in the itunes database into the files themselves (so this shows up elsewhere with the files). My recollection is that ripping with itunes does in fact embed the metadata such as artist, album, track name, etc. I could be wrong with regard to m4a files.

Also, IMPORTANTLY why convert your m4a files to mp3. First, this is a bad idea (lossy to lossy conversion). Second, there's no need. I don't use iTunes but I have lots of m4a files that can be read by many other players I use.

edit: I may be wrong about itunes embedding tags. Anyhow, see, for example this link. Just do a google search on "itunes write tag data to files"
          Last edited by garym; 09-16-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>