title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip Status

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dummy
    • Dec 2011

Rip Status

What does it means when it says (in red) X AR (12) then a green check then secure ?

And what is the difference between a green check secure and a green i secure ?

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rip Status

The different icons are shown here.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dummy
      • Dec 2011

Yes I saw that but my exact example wasn't shown so I was wondering...

Thus, X AR (12) (all in red) with a green check + secure afterwards means that my rip is secure with no error yet it isn't accurate with the other 12?

If so, what matter most in the end? Security or accuracy?

Thanks again Monsieur Spoon!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

A CD drive on it's own cannot determine if it is 100% without error, that is because there is a hole in c2 error detection and secure re-reading. AccurateRip can, however if all the tracks are X AR (12) then your disc is not in AccurateRip. If it is just one or 2 tracks, then your rip has errors.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dummy
          • Dec 2011

Thank you very much Spoon.

I am not quite sure I understand the whole AccurateRip now but my nick is not dummy for nothing...!

All tracks are X AR (12) + green check secure. Happens on too much cd's lately. Never happened before. Very odd.

Thanks again!

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by dummy
            Thank you very much Spoon.

I am not quite sure I understand the whole AccurateRip now but my nick is not dummy for nothing...!

All tracks are X AR (12) + green check secure. Happens on too much cd's lately. Never happened before. Very odd.

Thanks again!
            what happens if you untick use "C2 pointers" in the ripping settings.

Comment

• dummy
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by garym
              what happens if you untick use "C2 pointers" in the ripping settings.
              It was untick the whole time...

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

I certainly get this on some CDs. If AR(X) but secure on all tracks, that pressing of the CD is not in the AccurateRip data base. (or are you saying that CDs you ripped before showed up as AR matches, but you've ripped it again and now it is not showing up in AR?)

Comment

• dummy
                  • Dec 2011

All first time ripped cd's...

I must admit it is the first time that I somewhat look further into what's going on with the program. I bought dBpoweramp a couple of years ago after reading about it on computeraudiophile.com, did the settings accordingly to the article there, rip 500+ cd's in a few months, with very seldom errors here and there and since then rip the weekly purchase or so. Lately I started to rip the rest of my collection and thats when i realize a few too many cd's got that red X AR(X) yet got the green secure check (and the green "i" instead on a few songs once in a while). So I got a bit confused... What accurate means, what secure means, etc... As long as I saw a green secure check I thought all was fine and dandy...

Maybe I juste have quite a few different pressings from the rest as my logs seems to indicate? The odd thing is I rip one cd where I got the red X AR(3) green check secure and I am pretty sure only one pressing exist of that one...

I am mostly just curious at this point. Green check secure works for me. Even though AccurateRip seem to be the seal of approval to be 100% sure. Hence my curiosity here.

Comment

Working...

]]>