title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: wont retrieve the meta data

wont retrieve the meta data

CD ripper wont retrieve the meta data on loads of CD's but if I go to Discogs and search the CD it lists the CD track list so the data is available just no getting picked up by CD ripper . How do I fix this , thanks

Administrator

Re: wont retrieve the meta data

If you insert a popular CD, does it fill in all 4 providers? (if you click the refresh button to get metadata fresh from internet, then red metadata button on tool bar).

OK tried a few different CD's . Seems to be fine with most CD's the problem seems to be with cover CD's from mags , they list on Discogs exactly the same as any other CD but don't get picked up by the CD ripper , a few get listed by other provides sometimes but not often but all I've tried are listed on the Discogs site .

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    OK tried a few different CD's . Seems to be fine with most CD's the problem seems to be with cover CD's from mags , they list on Discogs exactly the same as any other CD but don't get picked up by the CD ripper.
    The CDs may appear to you to be the same, but they are not the same as standard retail CD releases, so the behaviour you are seeing in CDRipper is to be expected and there is no problem. Over time, these CDs may get added to the metadata databases.

The metadata databases are mostly made up of official Record Label releases. If CDRipper is not able to retrieve the data for a CD you insert, it is because it does not exist in the databases and you will have to manually enter the data.
    Last edited by mville; 09-17-2016 at 08:58 PM.

OK I see . Thanks .
    But that kind of sucks as it was the only reason I bought the update so I guess I wasted my money .

dBpoweramp Guru

OK I see . Thanks .
    But that kind of sucks as it was the only reason I bought the update so I guess I wasted my money .
    No, not a waste....the update is useful for many reasons for a person that is ripping/converting digital music.
    p.s. I have many "music magazine" compilation disks that get metadata OK when ripping with dbpa. But I don't try to rip them for a couple of months after released. If I try to rip as soon as I get the magazine, they don't tend to show up yet.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is not an issue with the update or any versions of the software for that matter, rather the databases do not include your (rare) CD releases. If you hadn't purchased the update, you would still be experiencing the same behaviour.

There are quite a few times when I have had to manually enter the metadata for CDs I own, it is normal.
    Last edited by mville; 09-18-2016 at 01:38 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    It is not an issue with the update or any versions of the software for that matter, rather the databases do not include your (rare) CD releases. If you hadn't purchased the update, you would still be experiencing the same behaviour.

There are quite a few times when I have had to manually enter the metadata for CDs I own, it is normal.
    I often have to ultimately enter the metadata manually for some of the free "magazine" CDs I get, even if I wait a month or two.

Yes I know now its not the fault of the software . But feel like there was no point updating .
    Still a least I can cut and paste from discogs and save some typing , not to bad if you use the keyboard short cuts . Have loads to do so would have been nice if it worked .