title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Secure Rips but not in AccurateRip Database

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flava0ne
    • Aug 2016

Secure Rips but not in AccurateRip Database

Are rips that are not in the AccurateRip database that are secure mean that they got ripped just fine without errors? Also, what does the "i" mean on a Secure Rip other than the usual check mark?
    Last edited by Flava0ne; 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Secure Rips but not in AccurateRip Database

the best info we have on such rips is that they are secure without error. Of course there are remotely possible errors given that you can't match to others rips (i.e., accuraterip). But that's the best you can get, unless you're willing to buy two copies of the CD and rip on different machines and compare the CRCs (a sort of "manual" AccurateRip). But I don't know anyone OCD enough to do that. Brand new releases rarely show up in AccurateRip the first few weeks they are out. So I often end up with SECURE with no AR match (not in database). But a few months later, I might then check these rips against AR using PerfectTunes.

Regarding "i" and secure, it means that dbpa had to redo a number of frames in the ripping process, but ultimately could match CRCs on the different passes.

Comment

• Flava0ne
      • Aug 2016

Okay thanks for the info! It's pretty odd that 2 or 3 of my CD's aren't in AccurateRip because they're not new albums at all. I've submitted my rip results of them.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

are they somewhat obscure CDs or CDs that may have had very different pressings over time?

Comment

• Flava0ne
          • Aug 2016

They might have been, not 100% sure though. They're underground hip hop albums. But all my other albums are on AccurateRip and they're all the same genre.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Flava0ne
            They're underground hip hop albums
            Yep, not surprising they are not yet in AR. But if you submitted, they eventually will be (although if you match later and they are AR(1), you'll be matching against your own rips.

Comment

• Flava0ne
              • Aug 2016

What about tracks that were securely ripped but don't match up with AccurateRip?

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Flava0ne
                What about tracks that were securely ripped but don't match up with AccurateRip?
                It happens. Sometimes different pressings of the CD or that sort of thing. AccurateRip is great, but it only captures about 80% of my CDs.

Comment

• Flava0ne
                  • Aug 2016

Okay thanks, good to know!

Comment

Working...

]]>